Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Wired intercomm  (Read 2686 times)

Offline robbie1401

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: llanelli, Wales
Wired intercomm
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:50:19 pm »
Just ordered a new trophy after owning goldwings for many years. I noticed a customers bike at the dealer had a 5 pin socket wired in, similar to the J and M system I used on the wing. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would like to use our existing helmet and comms if possible.
robbie

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Wired intercomm
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:16:56 pm »
Hi Robbie, the Trohy does not have a permanently wired intercom as standard. It sounds like they have an Autocom or Starcom hardwired system fitted to the bike. Thiis is what I have done, an Autocom Logic L1 system.

There are many threads on comms so have a go with the search tool and you will find lots of reading material to pass your couple of weeks away while you wait for your bike..

These days most people seem to be going for Bluetooth systems especially as the Trophy has Bluetooth output. It would appear you need to be careful about which system you invest in for compatibility. The various threads will give you more insight.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline robbie1401

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: llanelli, Wales
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »
Thanks for reply. I use bluetooth headsets on my vfr but they are not as clear as the wired ones and you have to remember to charge them. Plus the added expense of a new system

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:51:25 am »
so I've never used a wired headset.  Isn't it kind of inconvenient to have to "hook up"  and "un-hook" when getting on and off?  What happens if you forget?  Are the wires/equipment easily damaged?  Do they get in the way of free movement when riding? 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:20:51 am »
It takes seconds to connect and disconnect so no hardship.... you never run out of batteries.... there is never interference.... you don't have an annoying lump on the side of the helmet interrupting the airflow.... minimal additional weight added to the helmet.... I have never had them get in the way of free movement..

n the down side it is less transferrable between bikes, in short term anyway and yes occasionally you forget to unplug
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:37 am »
I would love to have the option of a hard-wired audio system, at least until the bluetooth systems are perfected!  Also would like to add a CB radio, which I think was discussed elsewhere here.  Not an easy thing to do, with so little room left on these bikes!
STONEY

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »
I have an Autocom wired in to provide an intercom. It is also hard wired from my Zumo 550 both audio and mic and I can therefore answer and speak on my phone, which is Bluetooth connected to the zumo.

I also have a PMR radio connected to the autocom with a Push to Talk (PTT) up on the bars.

All works well with no interference and is crystal clear. I did connect everything to a common Earth and then run this to the Neg on the battery. This way you avoid ground loop interference.

As my bike is new I did not connect directly to the bike electrics. I ran a wire from the Positive on the battery to a relay. Then on to a fuse box where everything connects. I ran a wire from the power socket + side to the relay. So ............ When then engine starts, the relay cuts in an the fuse box and all my accessories are live. There is no way I can leave anything on as when I switch off the relay disengages and all is dead.

Simples   :047:
It wasn't me !!

tweedy-bunch