Airbox Modification... by Novocastrian
[Today at 12:49:46 pm]

Accessory Outlets by digital
[Today at 12:04:18 pm]

Heated grips for the rear handles by digital
[Today at 12:02:32 pm]

New tyre fitted. by digital
[Today at 11:30:23 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Spray, wrap or hydro graphics?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
Spray, wrap or hydro graphics?
« on: September 21, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »
Im still wanting to change the colour of my TT.  Although the faster of the current 2 colours (blue  of course) is okay, Im still wanting to change it to red/black or maybe something else.

Any thoughts on advs / disadvs of a straight spray, wrapping or hydro graphics.

thanks

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Spray, wrap or hydro graphics?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »
Well my partial wrap has been very successful I think. Looks nice and distinctive.

Part of me bankers after a completely new colour and I may do that at 3 years old so that it will seem new to me all over again as I will probably keep mine 6 years or so.

I think a black red and silver could work well... I used to have a ZX10 in that scheme and I really liked it.

The hydro graphics look great if you are going for something really detailed and artistic. Personally I don't think that suits big touring bikes although it looks great on cruisers..

At he end of the day I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend.. My decals cost me £250. A full wrap depending on number of colours is I think £600-800. A paint job again depends on complexity and colours but I have been told £800-1000
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fareham
Re: Spray, wrap or hydro graphics?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Think you're right about the hydro...  I had a quote of 800 for wrapping..  I'm thinking of a metallic black with red grill and side panels, or in red (Renault do their new Clio in an aluminium type red colour, which I think would look good with black grill and side panel.

Also contrasting mirrors I think.  I bought the TT by part exing my Sprint GT in Black n Gold by 8 ball and altho I love the TT - the colour I find a little boring.

I heard that black is a 'slimming' colour, might make the TT look like a Sprint  :008:

G
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one