Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Recalls etc  (Read 6614 times)

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
Recalls etc
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:01:49 am »
OK made the decision to buy myself a 2014 TT SE early next year, I've test ridden the BMW K1600GT and GTL, but I don't feel they are everyday use bikes as it were.

My question is, have all the recalls now been done for the Triumph Trophies that need to be done at the moment? and is there anything I should look out for when I source my bike next April, Im looking for an SE as I said with the comfort pack on it if possible and as many bells and whistles as I can get for my money.

fingers crossed it will all go well next year!!
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Recalls etc
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 08:13:03 am »
*Originally Posted by Lesco [+]
OK made the decision to buy myself a 2014 TT SE early next year, I've test ridden the BMW K1600GT and GTL, but I don't feel they are everyday use bikes as it were.

My question is, have all the recalls now been done for the Triumph Trophies that need to be done at the moment? and is there anything I should look out for when I source my bike next April, Im looking for an SE as I said with the comfort pack on it if possible and as many bells and whistles as I can get for my money.

fingers crossed it will all go well next year!!
Perhaps this info. will help some.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:43 am »
*Originally Posted by Lesco [+]
My question is, have all the recalls now been done for the Triumph Trophies that need to be done at the moment? and is there anything I should look out for when I source my bike next April, Im looking for an SE as I said with the comfort pack on it if possible and as many bells and whistles as I can get for my money. fingers crossed it will all go well next year!!

Congratulations on your wise decision  :047:. I suppose it means you'll get a second hand? if so only the previous owner/dealer can tell you if all recallls have been properly performed. The list is well documented in this Forum and should be easy for you to check.
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:30:58 am »
thanks guys, some interesting reading there, and some good advice  :460:
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:06:20 am »
Hi Lesco,

Also take a look here : TOP TIPS for New Forum members
where, amongst other useful stuff, is a link to a "New Owner Checklist"  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »
Hi Lesco,

I have a 08/14 build MY2015 TTSE and when it was in for its first service last week the dealer said there was a side stand recall for it but that they were waiting on the parts.  No one else seems to have heard of this recall though.

Paul

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:26:34 pm »
Trophy is a good decision.  Having said that I'm a bit cautious about buying all "the bells and whistles" used.  There just seem to be a lot of electrical issues. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »
*Originally Posted by PaulG [+]
Hi Lesco,
the dealer said there was a side stand recall for it but that they were waiting on the parts.  No one else seems to have heard of this recall though. Paul

Never heard anything about the side stand, only for the center one (#508)
An old biker must be a good rider

tweedy-bunch