Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bike training weekend  (Read 3945 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Bike training weekend
« on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:25 am »
Well just getting ready for my last day in Wales,, before the ride home after joining my local I.A.M club L.A.M what a great weekend. Forty four started forty three returning on bikes and one in a rental car, after his bike fail to start.

This trip is part of my skills for life training to get me ready for the test. The bike has been great  had to stop off at ponderosa cafe. Well breakfast is calling so I need to finish.

Ride safe and apply the system.

GJ-Trophy :002:

1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Bike training weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:50 am »
Wishing you well for the Test - when is it ?

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:03 am »
Coconut, thanks for the post, not test ready. I feel I need a few more OR's then I will be ready. Must say it the best decision I made to do the skills for life course.

TJ-Trophy :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 04:32:28 pm »
Use the system all the time and get your head into the books. I did my test in Jan of this year and now observing (keeps me on my toes :028:)
Its very surprising how much more fluid your riding becomes and remember 98% of the usage of the system is INFORMATION OBSERVATION stick with it you'll enjoy the experience.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »
Going by other conversations on here there are a lot of observers on the forum.  I have been one for about 10 years now but I am in the middle of moving (long story just say the government is stealing my house  :233: ) so have given up for the moment.  I now cannot ride not using the system.  And keep a continuous commentary going (well I hear voices all the time  :016: )

Remember to have fun it is a way to becoming smoother and safer (smoother usually means faster as well  :015: )

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:21 pm »
I agree fully and being a Senior Observer and now a National IMI accredited observer I can only speak as I Find.

Ride the system all of the time and remember the 4 S'S

Safe
Systematic
Smooth
And appropriate Speed :152: :152:
It wasn't me !!

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:05:53 pm »
*Originally Posted by GJ-Trophy [+]
Coconut, thanks for the post, not test ready. I feel I need a few more OR's then I will be ready. Must say it the best decision I made to do the skills for life course.

TJ-Trophy :002:

Just received my tracker report for the trip across to Wales on Friday (scored 86) just need to bring all the finer points together. Appreciate the comment which are all relevant.

GJ-Trophy  :002:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too many!
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:12:44 pm »
I learned a lot from my OR's and was very happy to pass my test only a couple of weeks ago.

It's well worth it  :028:
‘13 Tiger 1200 Gold/Red  - 2013 to date
‘14 Trophy 1200 SE Silver - 2021 to date
‘15 Trophy 1200 A1 Pacific Blue - 2020 to date (for sale soon)
‘15 Trophy 1200 SE Ruby Red - 2021 to date