Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: customer service or the lack of it from triumph USA  (Read 4016 times)

Offline rider6661

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: rio vista
customer service or the lack of it from triumph USA
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:20:26 am »
sent this lovely letter on Aug 22 2014. still waiting for a reply.

Triumph USA

Dear Peter,
I purchased my Triumph Trophy SE May 26 2014. From Elk Grove power sports CA. I put down $7000 cash on a $22000 motorcycle once you factor all fees ,  taxes and extended warranty. June 1st I get the first dead battery. I can no longer use the sat radio am,fm usb or  bluetooth. Without the parasitic drain that keeps killing my battery. It seems the crack IT staff cannot seem to find a fix. So the only way I can use my Trophy is  to pull the fuse to the radio . Now this bike has stranded me 3 times with a dead battery.  Not what I was expecting for my $22000 Triumph trophy SE. Since NO one wants to return my calls or emails from you 24/7 number ..which by the way is the worst thing you can do to your customer. .. since Triumph cannot fix this problem just simply refund me the cost of$1000 not having a sat radio am, fm, blue tooth or usb port usage. Since these are items I have paid for on the bike. You have taken my money and delivered me a motorcycle that does not live up to what you say it should do.  I am willing to do without these items on the bike but if you do not want to compensate me for a failed product then I will use the California lemon law to try to recoup all my monies and have you take the bike back... This is my first Triumph purchase and I would strongly say you guys are messing up your brand name with the lack of communication and action on your part. I feel sorry for the tech at Elk Grove Power sport because he has to take it from me every time this bike fails....I would much rather talk to you face to face along with a number of other Trophy owners,,,,Have you even been on Triumph Forum to see what the problem is and what your customers are having to put up with?
Sincerely yours,

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: customer service or the lack of it from triumph USA
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:34:34 am »
Much as I like Triumph I suggest you go the Lemon Law route.  You have been waiting a month.  The Lemon Law does  seem to get Triumph's attention.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:54:43 am »
You go man!

Also report to your Better Business Bureau!

State Attorney General's Consumer Complaint Department - possibility of getting business license yanked for a whole State usually gets manufacturer's attention right quick!

Best place to (legit) gripe is: www.safercar.gov  National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration: Hint: include in your complaint how this problem could cause a safety issue!!!

If enough people report the same gripe to FEDERAL BIG Brother (NHTSA)- they take vehicle manufactures to the wood shed for some WALL-TO-Wall counceling! AKA country wide - forced RECALLS!  IF already paid for repair - Refunds!

After writing a letter to Triumph (dated July 16th, 2014) explaining how my Achilles Tendon ruptured on June 17th, 2014 while attempting to put a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE on the center-stand in a showroom; several weeks later (Sep 10th, 2014) the head of Customer Relations Manager Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd - Mr. Pete Carleo: 678-854-2010; sends me a letter saying:

"We have recieved your letter (sent Registered Mail so they had to sign for it and acknowledge receipt) regarding an incident.... We want to assure you that Triumph takes all allegations similar to those in your letter seriously, and that we are investigating this matter in good faith so that it may be properly handled.

We would like to send a representative to interview you regarding this incident.  Please contact ...."

So, right after getting the letter I had to call a few time over a few days and finally talked to Mr. Carleo (letter signer), and I agreeded to have someone interview me - he said it would be someone named Frank Mazzella.  It's been a couple of weeks now- nothing: And a little Googleing of "Frank Mazzella" turned up Stallar Private Insurance Investigators...Hmmmm...

I suspect they are watching me...to see if I'm really hurt, or out and a'boot (little Canadian accent for anyone north of the border, eh) trying for the Olympic Sprint Team, playing tennis, kicking field goals on Sunday afternoons in the park, doing trick motorcycle riding, etc...thus can deny any future claims.

I've only been walking again for a few weeks with out crutches for immobilization boot; and closing my pool yesterday (pretty easy chore) made it throb for hours!

Well, if they are "watching me" - I don't blame them!!!  But geeze guys, all you have to do is look at my leg and see the scars, swelling and extra bumps along the tendon - if you are reading this, I'll even let you touch it! LOL  Bring your own doctor if need be!

Or, they are just in-general not too responsive to customers, or potential customers...sometimes.

Keep at them - and now you have a name and number: more websites to submit attention getting reports  - go get'em !~!

Dave
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:52:56 am »
Hi rider 6661,

You could also consider copying any correspondence you send to Triumph UK - the address is on their Web site,
appending any additional comments about lack of response from Triumph US.

Wishing you well with your claim  :028:

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trothy SEE
  • City / Town: Twickenham
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »
I agree with Coconut, My dealing with Triumph ( via dealers ) in the UK has been a joy, having read the troubles you guys have it makes me wonder if Triumph have given the franchise to the wrong people, so by contacting the mothership may well be the only way to effect change as the US market is critical to Triumph

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:56 pm »
It always seems strange to me that some people get good service thru Triumph USA and others don't.   I have used the US service twice - once with my Third (dealt with Peter) and last fall concerning the head swap.   Both times the issues were taken care of quickly and to my satisfaction.

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
rider6661 - Tell the the dealer to replace your audio module!  (Under warranty of course.) Fixed mine when I had similar issues.  They will not be too fond of the suggestion as the part is expensive and the tear down extensive.