Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: LOW VOLTAGE  (Read 7950 times)

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
LOW VOLTAGE
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:24:00 am »
Hello everyone.. i think a bunch of us talked about this a while back..

Turn the bike on and tells you low voltage and radio off... Well mine has gotten worse..

anyone have any feed back...   Bike 6 months old now... order new battery just incase..

Bike ridden daily so  should not be a siting issue. thanks Phil

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Re: LOW VOLTAGE
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:23:07 pm »
I've just provide a log of the same warning signs to my dealer. Who has provided them to triumph corp to get feedback on. On a couple of occasions the bike didn't start 1st time. But has always started on the 2nd occasion. Will keep the forum updated on any replies.

GJ-Trophy  :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:08:36 pm »
mastertrophy,

.....  think a bunch of us talked about this a while back .....
anyone have any feed back...

If you use the "Search" button and enter "Low Voltage"
you'll get a list of 77 messages where "Low Voltage" has been mentioned,
and there's bound to be some relevant Feedback amongst them for you  :028:

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »
Turn the bike on and tells you low voltage and radio off... Well mine has gotten worse..

Bike 6 months old now...

mastertrophy - Our bikes are about the same vintage.  I have posted some information about similar problems with mine.  I had no start problems associated with the audio off low voltage thing.  I encourage you to look at those. Bottom line was a bad audio module.

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 10:42:23 pm »
thanks yes i have been keeping a journal too.. order new battery any too..  .
Are you coming to orlando or daytona in a few weekls??? too

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:34 pm »
Just returned from my dealer and here is what they are saying about this issue.... Triumph is apparently working on a fix with the manufacturer of the audio unit.  Nothing coming anytime soon.  I am hopeful this means it will eventually lead to a recall of sorts where it will get sorted out for all who have the problem.  I have heard that it may end up being a software patch.  Don't hold your breath as it could be a few months away.  If it is leading to battery drain issues I think they will suggest that a new audio module is needed.  If you are not getting serious issues than you can probably wait and see what comes down the pipe.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 01:13:13 am »
*Originally Posted by Scotty [+]
J If it is leading to battery drain issues I think they will suggest that a new audio module is needed.
It could  be either as software can cause weird things to happen. It's often difficult to tell a software problem from a hardware problem.They can seem very similar in symptoms, if not exactly the same.

In this case, I will bet it's a software problem and there is a good chance an upload will fix it. But how is software uploaded to the audio module? If it has to be removed, then it might as well be a hardware problem because it's a hassle to get to because of it's location well under the seat storage box.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:07:14 am »
The Trophy audio system software can be updated via the USB port in the Glove box,
as discussed in a previous Thread here : Plaudit Radio LM3152 so there's absolutley no need
to strip the bike down and physically access the audio module  :028: