Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TuneECU for Trophy?  (Read 9759 times)

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
TuneECU for Trophy?
« on: October 04, 2014, 05:04:56 pm »
I've seen recently that TuneECU has added an Android version of its diagnostic software that works with a Bluetooth "ELM327" type tool for some of the more recent Triumph models (including the 2013 Street Triple that I own).  You can't upload or change maps but it does look like your can read ECU faults and do some engine monitoring.  I contacted TuneECU and they didn't see why it wouldn't also work on the Trophy (not mentioned on their website as a covered model though) and also indicated that it would also reset the service interval for those who do their own maintenance.  This may be a good option instead of the DealerTool product and is much cheaper.

Pete

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: TuneECU for Trophy?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »
It "may" be !

Are you going to get one and test it, and then let us know  ? :028:

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 04:43:06 am »
Interesting  might have to give this a try

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:07 am »
Looks interesting. Always been a supporter of freeware.  But make sure you read the guides completely.  For example despite what your contact said the website doesn't just not mention the Trophy, it says the SW is to be used ONLY with the listed models.

I also note the  ELM 327 (Bluetooth) works with TuneECU, but only with the Android version BUT note the reading of the map from the ECU and the reprogramming of the ECU,is not available with a Bluetooth-connection, for security reasons.
 Still would appreciate a test report if you do get it
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »
I haven't found a bluetooth model that worked with the Trophy.  I have tried a few but not for about 6 months now.  Ijust gave up.  They worked fine with the Sprint 1050 though.  If anyone has one then let me know as I wanted to see certain parameters on an Android phone running something?  If that worked I was going to knock up an android app to get alarms etc on teh phone (like volts and perhaps even battery drain???)

Offline paulbaker1954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Warrington UK
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 07:29:32 pm »
I have just acquired my new baby (2014 SE) and have got an ELM327 bluetooth adapter and the Tune ECU Android App for my Samsung Tablet.

Alain Fontaine confirmed by email that it IS OK to use this on the Trophy (of course you cant change maps but can do diagnostics and reset service indicator etc)

Havent ried it out yet but will post my success or failure in a week or so when I have some time to give it a go
2014 Trophy Se
1971 Honda 500 Four K0

I'll just be 5 minutes !!!!

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:40:38 pm »
That's good information to know.  I used TuneECU with my Thunderbird and it was really handy.  Too bad we write to the ECUs (although from Triumph's point of view, I understand why).

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 12:44:13 pm »
I will be very interested as I could not get any of the bluetooth OBD adapters to work with the TT.  They worked fine with the Sprint???

There might be a new version of tuneECU I haven't tried yet as it was some months ago.  I tried lots of OBD android versions and none worked.