Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sat-Nav Power connector ?  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Maxwell

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chester, England.
Sat-Nav Power connector ?
« on: October 04, 2014, 05:26:09 pm »
Hi chaps.
I have just got a TT SE 2013, I'm trying to install a Zumo 660 the bike came with a Zumo 550 cradle fitted so i thought "easy just swop over" any way cut a long story short, I have no power coming out of the dedicated sat-nav power plug?
I don't know which fuse controls this socket I guess Aux sockets? So checked them all & all ok!
Don't know if it is related but I have no radio, nothing on the screen at all as if it's not fitted with one, but it's going back to the dealer to fix.
I would just like the sat-nav working so i can put the bike back together.

Any ideas.......

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Sat-Nav Power connector ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »
*Originally Posted by Maxwell [+]
Hi chaps.
I have just got a TT SE 2013, I'm trying to install a Zumo 660 the bike came with a Zumo 550 cradle fitted so i thought "easy just swop over" any way cut a long story short, I have no power coming out of the dedicated sat-nav power plug?
I don't know which fuse controls this socket I guess Aux sockets? So checked them all & all ok!
Don't know if it is related but I have no radio, nothing on the screen at all as if it's not fitted with one, but it's going back to the dealer to fix.
I would just like the sat-nav working so i can put the bike back together.

Any ideas.......
There could be an inline fuse that you can get to behind the left mirror. Depends on how it was installed by the previous owner.

Or do you mean you have no DC power even before the added GPS power cable that plugs into inside the left side of the fairing (meaning you have the fairing already removed)? That is powered by fuse block two, fuse number three. Audio fuse, which means, if blown, your radio will not work. See if your radio is working okay. If so, look behind the left mirror.

-Don-  Reno, NV
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:51:16 pm by DonTom »
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Maxwell

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:15:55 pm »
Hi, Don.
Yes no DC before sat-nav & all fuses seem ok!

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 06:46:41 pm »
Hi, Don.
Yes no DC before sat-nav & all fuses seem ok!
And the radio works okay? You are checking for DC power under the fairing, below the Cockpit Storage Box? 

The power first goes to the audio module and uses the audio fuse. This fuse has a music symbol on top of the fuse cap.

The audio module feeds the power to your GPS, through an inline fuse.

I cannot believe that both these fuses are good and you have a good connection and still no power if you have audio from the radio. I doubt the audio module will fail in such a way that only affects the GPS power, but it is possible. And even if that were the case (extremely unlikely, IMO) , it's easy enough to run your own power wire for the GPS.

Have you  checked the  negative  side of the cable for continuity to the frame?

Do other things work okay in the bike? If the main fuse is blown, not much of anything will work.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Maxwell

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »
Radio is NOT working, no indication of the radio on info screen either.
All fuses ok.
So the Sat-Nav socket under l/h mirror is off the same circuit as the radio "bingo"
looks like I'll have to wait for the dealer to sort it out.
Thanks.....
P.s
Everything else on the bike works ok.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:06:45 pm by Maxwell »

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 09:30:24 pm »
Radio is NOT working, no indication of the radio on info screen either.
All fuses ok.
So the Sat-Nav socket under l/h mirror is off the same circuit as the radio "bingo"
looks like I'll have to wait for the dealer to sort it out.
Thanks.....
P.s
Everything else on the bike works ok.
Follow these instructions:

1. Key out of ignition.
2. left side of bike, remove the fuse with the music symbol on top of fuse cap. Keep this fuse  out for at least 10 seconds.
3. Put this same fuse back in.
4. Turn on ignition, see if radio and GPS now are working. If so, problem is solved.

If you have not yet removed this fuse, or disconnected the battery already, the odds of it working from these above instructions are better than 99%, IMO.

But if not working . . .

Remove that same fuse, check that fuse only. Don't waste your time with other fuses. Check fuse on ohmmeter.
If fuse is good, put fuse back in and check for voltage on both sides of the fuse. Keep ignition key out. This fuse should have voltage at all times, even when ignition is off.

I bet you will have it fixed in minutes.

-Don-  Reno, NV

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:40:05 pm by DonTom »

Offline Maxwell

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 09:52:30 pm »
Will give it a go in the morning "fingers crossed"
Cheers.....

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »
Don't know if it is related but I have no radio, nothing on the screen at all
Sorry I missed that part the first time. I bet the simple fuse removal will fix it all. It's a very common problem with our TTSE's. It's happened to me once, to some others, several times.

There's a much more serious but somewhat related problem I should mention. If your GPS does NOT go off with the key someday, remove that  same audio fuse with the music symbol on the cap. If you don't, the battery will drain very fast, even if the GPS is off or disconnected.

This battery drain problem has already happened to several in this forum, but not to me (yet). Seems the audio module can get stuck in a high current draw mode and is responsible for many drained batteries. But when this happens, it seems to leave the power on at the GPS, which is a great clue of a  problem happening that can be fixed while on the road, before getting stuck with a dead battery.

It's nice to have the GPS just to know when this problem is happening

Oh, and I forgot to say:

:401: to this forum!

-Don-  Reno, NV

tweedy-bunch