Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: trophy problems concerns us all  (Read 3725 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
trophy problems concerns us all
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
Hi All

After reading over several weeks members issues

I spoke to my dealer today with my concerns ,He told me they try not to look at forums or listen too rumours,He did say that triumph will listen to any concerns ,But with all what i have read etc we all must call triumph head office  so they are aware that some thing might be wrong.
With all different problems,But more concerning when the bike is cutting out with lose of power one guy had it happen mid corner,one guy got rear ended,I have allready emailed triumph still with no responce yet,I will be ringing then next week,
I have had some display issues todate but i have only done 60 miles.
If there is a recall pending lets help triumph help us :148:
trophy4me

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: trophy problems concerns us all
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
We don't know how many problems exist. As has been said before, people post when they have issues, very few write to say how reliable their bike is. It is interesting to me that the majority of issues appear to have been in the US and Canada. Now why that should be I have no idea.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:12:46 AM »
At the moment I am problem free and I am from the UK.1000 miles and first service done.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »
Hi All

Please do not mis-understand me,I think my new bike is fantastic i just want it to be right and for me to be confident when im riding it with my wife on the back :046:
trophy4me

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Hi All
Once again I have to agree with Robin.
We have to feel for our comrades that have problems and also hope that we don't.
But sitting worrying about things that may never happen  :087: Get out and ride and report the good and the bad.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
Hi All

No we do not know how many problems are out there  :087:,its ok saying get out and ride :152:,yes i agree  :046: but we also  need to report and record, its not ok just moaning on forums but the point of forums it to help each and everyone
trophy4me

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
but we also  need to report and record, its not ok just moaning on forums but the point of forums it to help each and everyone
I agree. If you have a problem, get to the dealer and let them know about it. Keep nagging them until the issue is resolved and do NOT be fobbed off with any excuses. Use your consumer rights if required, as done by Trom with his bike, which was rejected. (Obviously other countries have different laws, but even Cannucks Fan managed to eventually get things sorted!! :046:). The bike has a warranty which must be honoured by Triumph, so use it! As trophy4me stated, it is not ok to moan about it on forums if you do not give the dealer the opportunity to rectify the faults. It would seem that most people who have had gremlins have had these sorted promptly and effeciently by their respective dealers, (certainly in the UK!).
As Chaos says "Get out and ride and report the good and the bad", but you must give the dealer and Triumph notice of the issues in order that they can issue a recall if required. If you still don't get any joy then may I suggest a letter to MCN? Triumph will not want their flagship tourer getting slated in the press with the new BMW coming soon!!!!!!!!

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 12:09:48 PM »
RAS I absolutely agree - despite being the guy who was rear ended and having the opportunity to get all my money back I have decided to have another Trophy because it is simply the best  touring bike going.  It is my sole form of transport and with its comfort, weather protection, luggage capacity and incredible handling is certainly the bike for me.    Triumph had my bike back in the shop at Hinckley the first working day after I returned it to the dealer - they may not read the forums  :745: but they certainly take these issues seriously!