Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My 1st Run on the TTSE to RTTW  (Read 2587 times)

Offline bigog7470

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Altrincham
My 1st Run on the TTSE to RTTW
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:32:24 am »
Morning All

Had my 1st proper run out on Saturday down to the National Memorial Arboretum for the annual Ride To The Wall to pay our respects to the fallen and serving Armed Forces.

So it was an early rise as I was riding in with the the group departing from Drayton Manor. Unfortunately the weather was bloody awful, howling gale and driving rain. Not the best for a ride down.

I hit the M6 south bound around 7am and with the screen lifted who would have thought it was raining. Really could not believe the protection offered and i wasn't hanging about, lets say i was "Making Progress" without noting what actual speed i was travelling at  :164: Unfortunately due to the windy conditions and my inability to have my RTTW flag pole tied securely, this said item decided to leave me within 10 miles and was now without my prized RTTW flag. Bugger, oh well will have to invest in another.

As stated the conditions were not the best but i was really happy with the way TTSE was handling even passing HGV's and the mental spray that was being thrown at me was being deflected by the screen. I was expecting a lot of weaving with the windy condition and although not all over the place it was noticeable but it was expected to be honest.

I reached my destination in plenty of time and was the 1st to arrive out of the riders riding in for the day. Managed to get chatting to another member of the forum but me being dopey never got your name,sorry  :112: But he did have the faster version (Silver) with his correctly safely fastened RAF flag  :034:

Departure time arrived and it was off at a steady pace with plenty of slow parts on the way as you do when your riding in a convoy of approx 1000 motorbikes. Thanksfully the weather had at this time had eased to a fine rain if any at all and to be waved on and applauded by 100's of people standing by the road side did bring a huge lump to my throat.

My trip home took me initially down nice sweeping country roads and i note i have to counter steer more than any other bike i have possessed but i am sure i will get used to that but all I can say is I LOVE THE TTSE and will not be replacing this in a hurry

It was an awesome experience to depart from DM along with the founder of the RTTW and one that will stay with me for a considerable amount of time.

The TTSE, well how chuffed am I with that beast after the Explorer it has replaced. Comfy on my butt, my arms and wrists. Fantastic weather protection, MPG better, slow riding just as good.

The next outing is going to be a fully ladened 2 up tour of Southern Ireland in 3 weeks time with her who will be obeyed so watch this space, report to follow.

Thanks for reading

Oggy
Yamaha DT250 (Many moons ago), Honda CBF125, Honda CBF600, Honda CBF1000, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Explorer, Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: My 1st Run on the TTSE to RTTW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:39:00 am »
Nice write up Oggy, and a fantastic occasion for your first outing  :028:

Offline bigog7470

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:22 am »
Cheers Coconut.

Indeed it was bud.

Just noted on the RTTW link that you never made it, gutted for ya. Although the weather was dross initially, it brightened up and turned into yet again, another great event.

Oggy
Yamaha DT250 (Many moons ago), Honda CBF125, Honda CBF600, Honda CBF1000, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Explorer, Triumph Trophy SE

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 12:36:47 pm »
Hi Oggy,

glad you had a good time at RTTW despite the weather and that the TT surpassed all expectations for you!

I notice you are doing the South of Ireland shortly. Just did the Wild Atlantic way from Cork round to Galway myself and it was great.

A bit of a write up here

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline bigog7470

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »
Hey up Kev

Awesome link mate and cant thank you enough for it.

We are heading off Friday 24th and staying near Holyhead for the ferry saturday and making our way down to Wexford for Saturday night stay. Sunday down to south of Cork at Rosscarbary for 2 nights then up to Bunratty near Shannon for 3 nights then the last night were staying at a bloody lovely hotel in Mullingar, presidential suite and all that jazz lol.

Gonna have to have a good read up on your trip with her who should be, maybe we will change things about so can do this WAW which i had never heard about till now  :138:

Cheers :821: Kev

Oggy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:15:24 pm by bigog7470 »

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:59:11 pm »
My pleasure. Hope you get some good weather and enjoy your trip!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧