Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: comm system  (Read 7440 times)

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Re: comm system
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Caoimhín [+]
That's interesting. The menu wouldn't come up on mine until I pulled over. I'll check again tomorrow, hopefully.
If not, it could be because of the differences between the US and UK radios.

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: comm system
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
I have a new Sharktooth system and after a lot of messing around, it works fine. The problem wasn't the Sharktooth, but setting up the link.
It took me a while to work out how to turn the Bluetooth on the bike (yes I read the manual - still confusing)  :009: and then switch from speakers to headset. It's more complicated that it needs to be. Surely, as soon as you try to pair a headset, the bike should pair and reset to communicate through the headset. If you want to use the speakers etc. then it would be a simple matter of reversing the procedure. Any way, now I know, it's fine. It's a trap for young lovers and I'm sure others will stand there scratching their heads. :187:
The sound of the Sharktooth is good but you need to position the ear pieces directly out from your ear canal for the best results. It took several tries but the result is great and I can hear clearly with earplugs in at 110 k/h (70 mph.) Pairing is relatively easy and the microphone gives good tone without any major wind noise. It is a bit awkward to change from radio, to com, to phone, as you need to go by beeps. The Pressure button also has no feel to being pressed in with gloves on and it is slow to change modes ( about 10 to 15 seconds).

I'm sure once I get more practise, it will all make easier operation.

After initial doubt, the instructions supplied are pretty hopeless, I am happy with the sound quality and battery life - about 8 hours in constant use.
 Only problem is you need a Shark Helmet, ( I have an Evoline 3 & it's great) as the battery fits into the rear of the helmet. The Earpieces have easements, the Mike is unobtrusive and the wires are easily routed. I think you could use it in a normal helmet if the battery was affixed to the helmet rear, but not sure.
Cheers Rob

tweedy-bunch