Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Here is Looking at you Kids  (Read 5541 times)

Ndo

Here is Looking at you Kids
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:27:55 AM »
Well, I pick it up today. Rolled it off the palette and she started right up. Put some puppies grips on the handle, rabbit ear mirror for better view of the blind side, and off I went.

Rode around all day of course.

Nothing I can say that you have not heard. Its like butter!!!

I do believe this bike is in a class of its own. Having owned just about every sports touring bike, I would say the BMW 1600 is in the engineering neighborhood of the TT. Though that is not a good comparison since the BM is a horse from a different stable.

So in my view, the TT has out done every bike in its class and more, exhibiting engineering feats that parallel even the big horses in other stables.

I don't know that there will be many aftermarket parts (if any) for the TT. I could not come up with one thing I would change. Every other bike I had, I ended up buying, bar raisers, windshields, lights, seats, but I can imagine any aftermarketeer doing better than the OEM parts on this bike. Even the mirrors are the most efficient fairing mirrors I have ever used. They work great. I put the rabbit ears cause I took them off the C14.

The handing: Like butter. So easy to pedal around and slow maneuver...very comfortable...

Shifting: like butter. Smooth as a baby's butt and easy to down shift, easy clutch...

I can see how some have started whining about the sound of the bike. The muffler has a funky sound. But, I would rather find a muffler that is quieter.

Without a doubt, the best machine I ever owned. I am grateful about it!

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Here is Looking at you Kids
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »
Congrats on getting your bike!  :047:

I should be picking mine up tomorrow. I rang the dealer yesterday and they confirmed that all my extras had arrived and that the bike was due to go on the bench that afternoon to have them fitted. The dealer is closed today (Good Friday) so collection will be Saturday. At least the weather is forecast to be better than the sleet of last weekend!

Being a gadget freak I tend to add bits to my bikes but the Trophy (in SE form at least) has just about everything you could want. I was originally thinking of getting the bigger screen as I am 6'4", but on the test ride I found the standard screen was excellent and even quieter than the big screen on my ST1300.

Being so tall I find that the standard bars are not quite high enough for me. I have to lean forward a bit more than I would like and also find that the mirrors give lovely views of my knuckles! The ST1100 was perfect as stock but I had to fit risers on the ST1300 for exactly the same reasons. All I need now is somebody to make some!

Cheers,
BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Ndo

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:05:39 AM »
Blue,
What kind of extras are you getting? At 6.4, I hope you got the higher seat.

I was impressed by how effective the windshield is. Am I redeemed with you now! Haha
 :028: :821: :152:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
I shall definately be getting a set of mirrors for my bike before my trip round Scotland. Will any fit? I was gonig to get some Explorer ones but if there are any better or cheaper then I shall purchase them.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline oz1759

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Tidworth
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:37:10 AM »
Reading all this great feed back on the bike is fantastic but also the most frustrating thing in the world for me at the moment. Why? well my bike has been sat in the dealers in swindon since the end of feb extras on and ready to go, i unfortunately work away and im currently sat off the coast of zanzibar and wont be home until the end of this april at the earliest. In the mean time my bike is sitting there with a do not touch sign on it GUTTED  :151:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
I shall definately be getting a set of mirrors for my bike before my trip round Scotland. Will any fit? I was gonig to get some Explorer ones but if there are any better or cheaper then I shall purchase them.

Robin

I bought the mirrors off the Explorer before I even had the bike  :087: During the extended test ride the mirrors were only true fault I could find. I've even blanked out the fairing mirrors because in low winter  sun they were reflecting into my vision  :005:
The bar mounted mirrors offer a much greater view and lesser blind spot.
You'll not be disappointed my friend.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by oz1759 [+]
Reading all this great feed back on the bike is fantastic but also the most frustrating thing in the world for me at the moment. Why? well my bike has been sat in the dealers in swindon since the end of feb extras on and ready to go, i unfortunately work away and im currently sat off the coast of zanzibar and wont be home until the end of this april at the earliest. In the mean time my bike is sitting there with a do not touch sign on it GUTTED  :151:

Must be quite upsetting being away from all this great weather we're having here at home  :087:
Just give me the nod and I'll nip down and take it for a ride 4U LOL!!  :745: :745:
UR going to luv it  :046:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ndo [+]
Well, I pick it up today. Rolled it off the palette and she started right up. Put some puppies grips on the handle, rabbit ear mirror for better view of the blind side, and off I went.

Rode around all day of course.

Nothing I can say that you have not heard. Its like butter!!!

I do believe this bike is in a class of its own. Having owned just about every sports touring bike, I would say the BMW 1600 is in the engineering neighborhood of the TT. Though that is not a good comparison since the BM is a horse from a different stable.

So in my view, the TT has out done every bike in its class and more, exhibiting engineering feats that parallel even the big horses in other stables.

I don't know that there will be many aftermarket parts (if any) for the TT. I could not come up with one thing I would change. Every other bike I had, I ended up buying, bar raisers, windshields, lights, seats, but I can imagine any aftermarketeer doing better than the OEM parts on this bike. Even the mirrors are the most efficient fairing mirrors I have ever used. They work great. I put the rabbit ears cause I took them off the C14.

The handing: Like butter. So easy to pedal around and slow maneuver...very comfortable...

Shifting: like butter. Smooth as a baby's butt and easy to down shift, easy clutch...

I can see how some have started whining about the sound of the bike. The muffler has a funky sound. But, I would rather find a muffler that is quieter.

Without a doubt, the best machine I ever owned. I am grateful about it!

Hi Ndo

Told U ride one and you'll want one  :087:

Enjoy the bike. Take care and ride safe.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.

tweedy-bunch