Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Display: Profile 1? Trip 1?  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Display: Profile 1? Trip 1?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:30:16 am »
*Originally Posted by BluePilot [+]
It's a bit bizarre to pay all that extra money for the SE over the standard bike and then consider ripping out the audio system, which is probably the main extra on the SE.

My issue is with where the sound goes. My Pan had a modification (installed by the first owner) where a switch in the fairing selected either the bike speakers or a 3.5mm (1/8" in old money!) stereo jack plug. This could then be fed into an intercom and from there into helmet speakers.

I ride with ear plugs all the time so it seems pointless trying to get the bike to force sound through the helmet and plugs. Also, I am not sure people I ride by or who are stopped at lights near me actually want to hear my music. I may also want to keep secret that I sometimes have "easy listening" music on!  :034:

As I only picked my bike up yesterday I haven't had chance to see if the Trophy will play music via bluetooth to my intercom kit.

BP

I bought it mainly for the ability to change the suspension setting on the move and few other extras not available on the standard version.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:32 am »
 :451:

Ndo

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:18:59 am »
Good point Triple...cause I still don't understand the difference between 'Profile 1' and 'Trip 1'.

Does Trip 1 or 2 have to be showing. Is there a way to just select a Profile to show on the display?

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:29 am »
Ndo, Profile is a quick way to preset bike settings such as suspension "Comfort", "Normal", etc and "Rider", "Rider & Luggage", etc., and have them available at the push of a button. Trip is a selection of information items you might want to see during a particular trip, such as MPG, distance remaining on fuel, tyre pressures, etc.

All a bit confusing initially. I'd suggest turn the radio off and just ride the bike initially. Then bring in other aspects such as radio settings, bluetooth connections and Profile and display settings one by one as you get used to things. But keep riding the bike! Too easy to start playing with it like it's a pc and especially not to be done on the move.
Caoimhín

Ndo

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »
Thanks CAO,
I don't use the radio. I got the Profile1 and Trip 1 configured and the display showing what I want to see.

I was wondering if the Trip/Profile were exclusive of each other but I am beginning to understand how they are linked.

tweedy-bunch