Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Givi top box  (Read 11927 times)

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
Givi top box
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:43:48 pm »
Hi All,
Just fitted the givi 58lt Outback Trekker Topbox. They also do a 42lt one. It fits on the givi universal base plate. Box is made of aluminium, really light. Tie down points on top of box so need to fit a carrier for camping equipment etc. It comes in two colours, black or aluminium. Extras are back rest, inner bag and internal net. Tested last weekend with rok tie down strap, perfect. Wife says it is a good back support. See photos.

:152:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Givi top box
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »
Wow... and I thought the standard Triumph Topbox looked big!  :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 04:01:31 am »
DVP

Curious why you chose Givi over Shad.  I see Shad has an adapter made for the TT but I cannot find one from Givi for the TT.   Was the mounting pretty straight forward with the Givi and the "universal" mounting plate?  I have ordered the Shad adapter and am debating what size top case to order next.   Really looking for it to be used mostly as a backrest and secondly as a storage bin.  Have been debating this since I got the bike and did not like the cost of the OEM box for what I really wanted it for.  BTW your approach looks very good.

"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline Older traveler

• Trophy Member
  • USE IT !!!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bridgeton NJ
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
Hey Sungunr

I put a Shad SH49 on the back. I'm sure it's not a durable as the Givi in the pictures from DVP. But, I知 happy with it and I知 not planning any off road adventures. This gives me all the space I need for a cross country trip.

Gene

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:30:31 pm »
Hi Sungunr
Have never heard of shad, do not think they are available in the UK. No problem fitting the universal base plate. Mine is mainly used for carrying camping equipment. 
Givi have just launched some new model top boxes for 2015.

Cheers DVP

:190:

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 12:38:37 am »
I mounted a GIVI monokey universal plate which allows me to use a variety of top boxes, a small one for every day and a large one for trips.  Here is where I posted a description and some photos.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2151.msg37445.html#msg37445

I leave the paniers at home for everyday riding and just use a small GIVI top box.

ZShyster

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:06 am »
*Originally Posted by Older traveler [+]
Hey Sungunr

I put a Shad SH49 on the back. I'm sure it's not a durable as the Givi in the pictures from DVP. But, I知 happy with it and I知 not planning any off road adventures. This gives me all the space I need for a cross country trip.

Gene

Gene

That looks great, btw how do you like the corbin seat?  I am not short but with a 31ish inseam I don't have much more height before I lose my flat foot.  Any way I was wondering do you ride two up and if so how's the backrest to your passenger?  I am looking at the SH48 as my intended top case as it has the dual back rest pad.

Thanks

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 01:04:02 am »
*Originally Posted by ZShyster [+]
I mounted a GIVI monokey universal plate which allows me to use a variety of top boxes, a small one for every day and a large one for trips.  Here is where I posted a description and some photos.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2151.msg37445.html#msg37445

I leave the paniers at home for everyday riding and just use a small GIVI top box.

ZShyster

ZShyster

Looks like a solid mount and approach.  The B33 is a 33 liter box correct?  It doesn't look too small and should make a decent back rest if required.  Any suggestions on what size would be best if you had only one top case?

Thanks