Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Highway pegs  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
Highway pegs
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
I posted this in the accessories section, but got no response. Has anyone mounted any highway pegs? To R&G bars or otherwise? Does this work? Do your legs easily reach around the fairing? My knees need straightened sometimes. Thanks for any responses.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Highway pegs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
Sorry Broom but I haven't even thought of a set of those. As this is something more popular in the US, perhaps someone from your side of the water can advise?
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 01:23:20 AM »
Made a comment somewhere re pegs not sure in what catagorry ...the R&G bars do not provide a mounting positions of pegs that I am comfy with ...  :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline EFin

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TTSE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
In my long term debate on the 1200 RT and Trophy, I've seen nice highway pegs on a BMWRT, but I think they were attached to the added crash bars, which may be needed on the TT as a quick underneath didn't reveal any possible way to mount them otherwise.
Anyhow... perhaps if you checked on BMW R1200 RT highway pegs... you may stumble onto something which would work with the TT engine guard bars/crash bars?
And if so.. please share as if I buy a TT (finally about 98% sure I will)... I too need to straighten my legs for longer distance or my hip joint freaks out!
2014 Trophy SE ... faster blue one
1999 HD Dyna Wide-Glide ... old faithful waiting to be passed along

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »

Offline Darby Grey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Olympia
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
Broom, BigD gave you the link. I have them on the R&G bars and find them really helpful on long rides. The fairing is wide. Feel like I'm in the ob/gyn's stirrups ready to give birth. :745:  Not comfortable for long stretches but I can straighten my legs and in my case it's the knees that are relieved. Rode 550 miles Tuesday and would have been very uncomfortable without them.

Good luck, good riding.
If you don't go when you wanta go, when you do go you'll find you've gone.

Burt Munro

Offline trophied

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
I have some mounted with black clamps similar to Kuryakyn magnum's, but the K's are not available in black for 7/8" tube so mine are a knockoff, but they work.  I already had the Adventure Designs off road style round pegs and I just mounted them to those clamps on the top tube of the R&G bars.  Agreed, not the best of positions, but they fold back out of the way, and they let me stretch my legs for a little while which is all I need.  I don't want to ride stretched out like that for long.  They really do furnish nice relief on a long highway run.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
In a thread on the TriumphRat.net forum I posted information about the highway pegs that I mounted on my R&G Adventure Bars in 2013. At that time, I was not aware of other mounting options.

At 6'4" and 34" inseam, I find the pegs quite useful. The past two summers I did lengthy tours around the country and was extremely glad I had the pegs. Besides placing my feet on them, I could easily rest my calves to stretch out my legs and knees.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

tweedy-bunch