Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Ease of replacing brake pads on the Trophy vs the Sprint ST  (Read 2236 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Ease of replacing brake pads on the Trophy vs the Sprint ST
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:03:46 am »
I changed all the brake pads today on both the Trophy and the Sprint ST.  Despite the fact it was my first time on the Trophy and the third time on the Sprint it took me much less time to change the Trophy than than the Sprint. I'm not saying it is hard to change the Sprint's just saying that the Trophy is a piece of cake.  I was really surprised how easy it is to change the pads on the Trophy.  Everything is so accessible.   With all the complaints I seen about the complexity of the Trophy it is nice to see something simple and easy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:06:45 am by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: Ease of replacing brake pads on the Trophy vs the Sprint ST
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:29 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
I changed all the brake pads today on both the Trophy and the Sprint ST.  Despite the fact it was my first time on the Trophy and the third time on the Sprint it took me much less time to change the Trophy than than the Sprint. I'm not saying it is hard to change the Sprint's just saying that the Trophy is a piece of cake.  I was really surprised how easy it it to change the pads on the Trophy.  Everything is so accessible.   With all the complaints I seen about the complexity of the Trophy it is nice to see something simple and easy.
It will be interesting to see how a TTSE brake pad change compares to my 84 Venture. On my Venture, remove two pins, remove old pads, but in new. In ten minutes, I can probably do all six pads. The calipers stay in place.

BTW, how many miles did you get out of your TTSE brake pads, front and rear?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Ease of replacing brake pads on the Trophy vs the Sprint ST
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:28:38 am »
The Trophy has a bit more than 14,000 miles.  The rear brakes probably had another 1500-2000 left on them but I plan on taking a trip shortly.  The front brakes weren't worn badly at all.  But I put EBC Double H Sintered on the back and wanted to get the full effect so I replaced the front as well.  I've used the  EBC Double H Sintered on the Sprint ST for the last 30,000 and I've been really pleased with the stopping power and longevity.  Of course the Sprint is 200 pounds lighter than the Trophy so the effectiveness and longevity remain to be seen on the Trophy. 

Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST