Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: After market spot lights  (Read 5415 times)

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
After market spot lights
« on: October 19, 2014, 10:08:40 pm »
evening all

has anyone got or fitted after market spot lights to there SE?  and if so could you recommend a supplier or brand please.

thanks in advance for any help and advice
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Re: After market spot lights
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13:37 pm »
PIAA 1100 LED, very bright, day and night. Excellent for daytime conspicuity and a wonderful "filler" for the street at night. I keep mine on all the time. I installed an accessory fuse block w/4 "switched" and 4 "unswitched" fuses. I keep the PIAA's on the "switched" circuit. They turn on as soon as I twist the key so I can get excellent lighting at night and being LED's they take like ZERO power so no drag on the battery when ready to hit the start button. Highly recommend them to you. I attached them to my front axle nuts. -Dr Ron  :028:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Turboschwinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Waynesboro, Virginia
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:33:10 am »
I'm looking at the Denali DM micro mounted low on the front fender.  They are a single intensity light with a beam that is thrown out about 240 feet in front of the bike and good for day time visibility. Here's a link to Twisted Throttle and the Denali DM micro lights:http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-dm1-micro-single-intensity-led-lighting-kit-with-full-wiring-harness-and-m8-mount

The fender mount is pretty unobtrusive and clean and Twisted Throttle has been a good company to work with as far as getting info and getting the right products.  I've ordered most of my aftermarket stuff from them and been very happy.  They have a pretty large selection of lights to browse through as well...

I'm also looking at the power hub2 fuse block for use with the lights and other accessories I'm putting on the bike.

In the end I may also go for some of the Denali D4 lights but I'll take it one step at a time...see what I need...no substitute for a lot of light at night on back roads out in the country...nice to see those deer from a long way off!

Good luck with your choices...

-Turbo

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:57:58 am »
I have these mounted on the fender bolt. Very nicely made, and bright. I went with the black housing with the 45 degree spread pattern.
Serial BMW rider

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:22:19 am »
I got some great ones off eBay which I have mounted under the headlight.... look here my reply is No 11 with pictures.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:31:44 am »
I fitted some Clearwater Erica LED driving lights, purely for night time riding on high beam.  6000 lumens output each, so serious output at a serious price though.  I just did a few hours night riding, and would never go back to anything less.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2399.0.html

Offline Lesco

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SWINDON
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:49 am »
thanks so much guys for your replies, Ive got quite a bit of reading up to do there before I decide on which ones to fit, thanks again for all your advice........ :046:
"MAY YOUR SHADOW NEVER GROW SHORT"

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:48 pm »