Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: NOT new on the forum but finally...  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
NOT new on the forum but finally...
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:44 pm »
I joined this forum almost from start-up late 2012. Not as a Trophy owner but enjoying my first Explorer. Yesterday I traded my second Explorer for a new Trophy. I preferred the standard version Trophy above the SE. It will be my 22nd motorbike, my 6th Triumph and 2nd Trophy. The first Trophy was a 1996 blue 900 Hinkley triple.
So finally now actually joining as a Trophy owner  :046:
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
Re: NOT new on the forum but finally...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:02 pm »
Well congratulations on purchasing the Trophy.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  I have never ridden the Explorer, but a couple of people I know who have them described it as 'boring'.

I came from a Sprint GT and the Trophy I find far from boring.

Have fun and welcome with the TT

regards

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »
*Originally Posted by neojynx [+]
I have never ridden the Explorer, but a couple of people I know who have them described it as 'boring'.

It seems like a very odd thing for them to say about the Explorer, especially considering that it is essentially a much lighter and more compact relative of the Trophy, with a fraction more power to propel it :187: Can't say as I've noticed mine being particularly boring over the last 15,000 miles; how about you Mustangpilot?

Either way, enjoy the Trophy, I'm sure it'll be great  :152:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:17:50 pm »
Congratulations on the new bike :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 09:12:47 am »
Hi Mustangpilot and congratulations on the purchase  :028:

You will find the new Trophy to be much more sophisticated
and more fun to ride than your previous Trophy  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:57 am »
Well congratulations on purchasing the Trophy.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  I have never ridden the Explorer, but a couple of people I know who have them described it as 'boring'.

I came from a Sprint GT and the Trophy I find far from boring.

Have fun and welcome with the TT

regards

Garry

Garry, the Explorers have never-no way-ever been BORING! On the contrary, I think one of the best features of the Explorer is the characterfull engine which brought me to places and speeds most bikers never see. Track days, loose sand, slippery clay, gravel, snow, high speed autobahn, you name it! Longest stretch in a single day of 1250km did not bore me at all.
I have to admit that due to my yearly increasing mileage (and age) the touring style of bike like the Trophy suites me better. So I am looking forward to more comfort without loosing the character of the best engine ever.  :169:

2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 10:55:49 am »
I appreciate the comments on whether the Explorer is boring. Especially as i was thinking it's the only bike that would interest me apart from the Trophy.

I love the trophy very much, but would like to get to ride the explorer for the hell of it.  Might give one a test drive.

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:20:07 pm »
I have never ridden the Explorer, but a couple of people I know who have them described it as 'boring'.
I was looking at a Explorer at the Reno Triumph dealer (Freedom Cycles) yesterday and to me it looked quite exciting. They  have it fixed up for a long trip on dirt, using freeways to get there. Has racks of many little gas tanks, some kinda of double saddlebags, soft bags on top of hard--looked like it had a good carrying capacity along with a thousand or so mile fuel range. Many other features. Looked like the perfect bike for the countless and endless dirt roads here in Nevada and eastern California. But it has the same 1200 CC engine as our TTSE which I think is a big overkill for dirt roads.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9