Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Renewed feelings for my TTSE  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Peoria
Renewed feelings for my TTSE
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:54:51 am »
The wife and I went to Vegas on vacation and rented a Goldwing (I had never ridden one before). In 2 days we put 600 mi. on it and cruised in 4 states. First off the Goldwing was pretty comfortable at highway speeds and the buffeting was less than the TTSE. HEAVY? Hell yeah. Well balanced? I had to tell my wife to quit turning her head because it was upsetting the bike. Power? Yeah I guess but nowhere near the TTSE. slow speed handling? Almost scary (weight + high center of gravity). I was less confident on that bike than any other bike I have ever ridden. My one word description of a Goldwing is Boring! I rode my TTSE today and I enjoyed it more than the day I bought it. Just needed a little reminder I guess. I know some people love Goldwings but this was my experience.

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too many!
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
Re: Renewed feelings for my TTSE
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:28:51 am »
Isn't it said that "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"? Co, you didn't have to confess to it but, now that you've come clean about having ridden one, thanks for supplying all of the gory details!   :028:

Knowing how Vegas isn't exactly known for it's good taste, subtlety and restraint, I'm imagining that a hire shop in Vegas probably didn't stock anything other than Goldwings!  :008:
‘13 Tiger 1200 Gold/Red  - 2013 to date
‘14 Trophy 1200 SE Silver - 2021 to date
‘15 Trophy 1200 A1 Pacific Blue - 2020 to date (for sale soon)
‘15 Trophy 1200 SE Ruby Red - 2021 to date

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:16:50 am »
Have a word with member "Bajagringo" - he might disagree with that last statement !

Las Vegas Visitors - Post #1 !

If they have any of the NEW models in - you could literally put it all on ( Phantom ) Black !  :156:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:03:00 pm »
No need to renew the relationship with my TTSE... It's a love/hate relationship...

I LOVE being out on Tyson...

I HATE anything that stops me riding him!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
No need to renew the relationship with my TTSE... It's a love/hate relationship...

I LOVE being out on Tyson...

I HATE anything that stops me riding him!

:028:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »
Today the forecast said there was zero percent chance of rain.

This was the second best part of my ride. The best part was the weather protection afforded by my Trophy. I didn't have rain pants, but as long as I kept moving I stayed dry. Luckily my jacket has a waterproof liner.

I love my Trophy!!!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 01:18:40 am »
I've had a Gold Wing in my stable for the last 20 years, 2-1500's and 3-1800's, and they do not have a high center of gravity. I would bet that since the Wing has opposing cylinders and the fuel tank is under the seat, the center of gravity is lower than the Trophy. What the OP actually found is the Wing is some 250 pounds heavier than the Trophy and that is why he felt the high center of gravity. The Trophy is definitely a fun bike to ride. A lot of people feel they need a 900 behemoth with massive cubic inches to have fun riding. Like the OP found out, many times the smaller lighter bikes are far more fun. My experience with the trophy has been 3 test rides and I was impressed,....I'll be picking mine up this coming March. Barry

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 12:16:40 pm »
As coconut mentions, I have posted about triumph rentals in vegas. Freedom Cycles, the Triumph dealer will set you up. I had a friend come over from Ireland earlier this year and he rented a trophy
 We rode all the way down the Baja Penninsula ( Mexico ) and back. Over two thousand miles without a problem.🎃
Tom Brennan

tweedy-bunch