Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dirt, Grime, Road crap all over the tail end  (Read 1839 times)

Ndo

Dirt, Grime, Road crap all over the tail end
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:17:20 AM »
I am getting a lot of road dirt from the rear tire (I presume). It spreads all over the panniers, even up to the rear rack. What is up with that?

Anyone got those 'huggers'? Do they helP? I was under the impression those things were to replace the long OEM fender so the bike look more like a race bike.

I am gonna have to design a mudflap of some kind to attach at the end of the fender.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt, Grime, Road crap all over the tail end
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »
Get a hugger :152:

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »
Ndo, I already told you that they don't replace the OEM fender. Read the various posts on it. Having said that, unbelievably, it still hasn't rained since I fitted mine so I can't say how effective they are for the grime problem They should protect the shock and that area generally. But I also think a rear fender extender is required. Also seal up the gaps under the rear seat near the light.
Caoimhín

Offline TripleTriumphTriples

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Warwick
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
That was the same issue with the Tiger 1050 and that has a hugger as standard. Not very big I grant you but even the bigger aftermarket ones didn't improve matters much.

What did though was the fitting of the extended rear mudguard/fender. Even in really bad conditions my topbox, and especially around the lock area, and my wife (!) get minimal crap thrown over them.

On bikes like these it's function over form for me every time though I actually prefer the look of the rear mudguard over the minimalist standard rear end - keep those for the sports bikes.

Offline Tiger-Willi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Augsburg
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Hello,

when you look at EBAY for "Spritzschutz Kotflügel Verlängerung Triumph Tiger 1050" there is a stylish solution for this. The hugger is only for the internal dirt that gets the trousers of my wife wet and slashes against the shock absorber.
Attached a pic from the supplier. In the advert is mentioned that everything is possible, so why not create one with a Trophy-logo?

Cheers,

Tiger-Willi