Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: good for front tire removal for TTSE?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
good for front tire removal for TTSE?
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »
Has anybody here tried to use one of these for a front tire removal on a TTSE?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Turboschwinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Waynesboro, Virginia
Re: good for front tire removal for TTSE?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:02:41 am »
I have a set of bull dogs I use on a Buell.  The front stand has a pin that goes in the bottom of the steering tube that holds the stand in place as you lift so it is not like the one pictured, but the rear one is very much like the one in your picture having a rotating mechanism with two pins on each side that the rear swing arm sits in like a cradle and as you lower the handle to the floor (raising the bike) the mechanism rotates in the stand and the bike is lifted up with no scrapes, fuss, or muss.

Looks like the one you found will go right under the folks and pick the bike right up.

They work great for washing the bike, changing tires (read: wheel removal) or any maintenance that doesn't involve taking the front end off the bike. 

I think they are a great tool and am glad I have mine...in fact I may try my rear stand on the trophy front end to see if it works...spacing may be an issue...

-Turbo

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:47:51 am »
Sure have and do use it for brake pad checks, wheel removal/replacement, oil level checks.

Got it from Aldi in the Specials (aka knicky knack) aisle for ~$50.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:37:17 am »
*Originally Posted by Travelling2bob [+]
Sure have and do use it for brake pad checks, wheel removal/replacement, oil level checks.

Got it from Aldi in the Specials (aka knicky knack) aisle for ~$50.
Thanks for the info. to all that replied here. I kinda forgot to reply. But I have mine now waiting at one of my Reno homes--I will report back here and mention how it fits on all four of my bikes when I get back to Reno, whenever that will be.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9