Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Better value  (Read 4578 times)

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Better value
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:07:40 pm »
 I really wanted  the trophy but the  problems definetly scared me off ,, So i follow this site regular  to see how there going ,  if Triumph is slowly but surely getting rid of those horrible little gremlins ,

For the sake of you guys who own one i'm pleased to read they seem to be improving ,, Now i can tell you this , the rocket 3 was a problem bike renowned for being troublesome  and having major expensive faiures , but  after 2008 , they had cleared them up , mine is a 2008 model and alls i do is ride it service it and change tyres  a very reliable bike .

But the good news is  i've been reading that less and less are having problems and  was thinking well  a 2015 model may well be sitting in my garage next feb  / march , 2015 i'll just give it that  extra bit of time to really improve it .

But theres even better news , i spoke to a dealer yesterday and he informed me that Triumph have now brought the baic model into Australia Now from what he said the only things it does'nt have  are

radio ,,, for me no big deal ,  i  bluetooth to my helmit with the scala anyway , and to be honest mostly never use it ,  i ride  for peice and quiet , got enough noise in my ear   with something called a wife .

No electronic suspension ----- No problem for me , i'll set it manually and then i leave it alone ,

No heated grips --- Hey , i live in australia ,  and the real cold parts of Aussie , around Tassie  , certain parts of NSW and VIC ,, well i just don't go there when its snowing or real cold anyway .

But heres the best part ,, Its priced at $22,0000 ride away ,  thats a $6-$6500 saving ,, alls of a sudden  the trophy is looking very attractive , .
 He has 2 sat there  , but there plated   dec 2013 , which technicly makes them a  2014 model ,, but , Naaw i definetly will wait for newer stock to come in just to be sure ,

All in all though  , its looking good , i was looking at the new ctx 1300 to replace my rocket , but   at $18500 , i think i woud stick with a triumph  for the sake of a couple of grand .

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Better value
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:00 pm »
Glad you are feeling more confident about taking the leap!

Good on ya!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:58 pm »
ctx is good looking bike........ But i do believe the TT is nicer, just my opinion, and of course i own TT.

the one thing i absolutely did not like about ctx is the fact that the bags are not quick to take off, must remove two bolts according to the reviewer, that right there turns me off...........

but to each there own............

ride, ride anything, just ride.....................

good luck, and you will not be disappointed with TT

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 12:16:16 am »
You have to pay for heated grips on the SE model anyway, unless they now include them in the price.  At $22K rideaway a bargain, considering what the FJR and GTR go for let alone the RT.

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 12:17:38 am »
Yes something about the ctx did appeal to me , I suppose its that half tourer , half cruiser thing it has going , with the sit up straight appeal .. Thers a guy on the ctx site who traded his Trophy and bought one , he loves it , but said himself the Trophy is great , he just found it unreliable , but has i said they seem to be getting on top of that dreaded new model syndrome , and too be honest the ctx has'nt been out long enough for the gremlins to pop there nasty heads out yet .

But i think a lot leans to buyer confidence in there  brand , and although Honda have a rep for good bikes , i  think they tend to undermine there own sales   by charging too much initialy and dropping prices big time  after a little while . I myself do not fall in love woith machinery  in fact i get bored with it  so i want to know  that  the  manufacturer is not going to drop 5- grand of the price of there new one 12 months later hence devalueing mine even more .

Example last year , i was looking at  Goldwings , 39 grand ,  and actually ordered one ,  i had the sence to put a delivery date or deal cancelled with deposit returned date ,, they were late in delivering , and imagine my suprise when i went to speak to them and thery knocked TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS yes not kidding 10 grand , of the price for anyone else , Obviously i was'nt happy  but counted myself lucky they failed to deliver and got my deposit back and cancelled the order ,

The vfr had around 5 grand dropped from its price , because they could'nt sell ,, the St honda dropped from 23 grand to 16500  to get rid of stock they could'nt move , good for the lucky few , but the  people who bought at full price were spewing  even there own dealers were spewing they had to sell the stock they had bought at a loss .

Triumph on the other hand . Ok they have reduced prices a little , but mainly  they just hav'nt raised them , My rt3  2008 model bought in 2009 , was 25 grand including $1500 of extras  today you can still buy one new for $24 grand ,, roughly the same price ,  so i'm more confident ,  ok its secondhand and i'll take a big hit but so what i've used it thats what happens ,  but the last thing i want to do is  drop an extra 5 grand because the manufacturer  keeps reducing his prices  .

Its not just bikes ,  Ford done it with there utes ,  i bought one new  in 2005 ,  i went to trade it in 2006 and they were selling them  new for 8 grand less than i paid . . They done a similar thing with the new focus i bought the wife

Triumph if nothing else ispire me with a bit more confidence , for when i want to change bikes . all manufacturers do it , nut honda seem to be the worst ,, perhaps they should just stop over prising in the first place .

Offline coneye

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:25:38 am »
*Originally Posted by saaz [+]
You have to pay for heated grips on the SE model anyway, unless they now include them in the price.  At $22K rideaway a bargain, considering what the FJR and GTR go for let alone the RT.

, It was the yammy i rang the dealer to enquire about , i was suprised when he said they were  $26000 ride away ,, What suprised me was i know that very few dealers stock them simply becuase they could'nt sell them at 22 grand last year , so  bringing out the new model and upping the price 4 grand really suprised me , especielly in thes times ,, but like he said   they hav'nt got one so if people want one , put a deposit and they will order one , if not there not too bothered .

Thats when he suggested the basic Trophy , i was suprised because i did'nt know they had started to import them .

Offline TrupTR

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Bombala
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 07:23:40 am »
Thinking about it, is only wasting good ride time
Sprint ST 2007-2010
Sprint GT 2010-2014
TTSE-2014

Offline Travelling2bob