Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Display: Profile 1? Trip 1?  (Read 3161 times)

Ndo

Display: Profile 1? Trip 1?
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:47:34 AM »
I don't understand the difference between setting the Profile settings and the trip settings.

I just want the display to simply show the settings for Profile 1 and not Trip 1. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I just want a simplest display possible of my settings for Profile 1. Can you please help me with this?

Also, I don't like listening to the radio. But I turned the radio on and now I can't get rid of the bottom display "Radio Off". I rather have nothing to do with that damn radio...I would sell it if I could.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Display: Profile 1? Trip 1?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »
Ndo

Sorry my friend but the "radio off" is on all the time. Except when the radio is on?
Just learn to live with it or get it disconnected. If I could have spec'ed mine without the audio system I would have. I've been thinking of taking it out and fitting the standard under seat storage box ( 5 litre's large ) much more useful.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Ndo

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
I hear you Chaos, I gotta find a way to get rid of that radio

RADIO FOR SALE !!!!!!!

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 02:55:46 AM »
I think the under seat storage is the same on all bikes. The SE just has a bolt in small dish on top of the regular box. I undid the 4 screws holding the tray. There is still room under there for small stuff like papers and such next to the audio system. There is a water tight plug in the side of the box for the wires. I would imagine you should be able to trace the wires and pull it out then remove the bar switches.

On another note if you don't like it on and don't want to see the message on the dash, remove the fuse for the audio.

Ndo

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 03:13:02 AM »
Clarge,

You touched on my other concern: with these bike driven by a canbus sys, I be afraid that removing the radio would then cause some kind of malfunction warning signal that I would have to tolerate in place of RADIO OFF.

Maybe I 'll leave it, just in case I have a romantic moment on the bike and need some emergency sensual music on the spot.  :192:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by clarge [+]
I think the under seat storage is the same on all bikes. The SE just has a bolt in small dish on top of the regular box. I undid the 4 screws holding the tray. There is still room under there for small stuff like papers and such next to the audio system. There is a water tight plug in the side of the box for the wires. I would imagine you should be able to trace the wires and pull it out then remove the bar switches.

On another note if you don't like it on and don't want to see the message on the dash, remove the fuse for the audio.

Clarge

The standard spec bike ( available in the UK ) hasn't got the audio system under the seat. Instead it has a 5 litre storage box.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
It's a bit bizarre to pay all that extra money for the SE over the standard bike and then consider ripping out the audio system, which is probably the main extra on the SE.

My issue is with where the sound goes. My Pan had a modification (installed by the first owner) where a switch in the fairing selected either the bike speakers or a 3.5mm (1/8" in old money!) stereo jack plug. This could then be fed into an intercom and from there into helmet speakers.

I ride with ear plugs all the time so it seems pointless trying to get the bike to force sound through the helmet and plugs. Also, I am not sure people I ride by or who are stopped at lights near me actually want to hear my music. I may also want to keep secret that I sometimes have "easy listening" music on!  :034:

As I only picked my bike up yesterday I haven't had chance to see if the Trophy will play music via bluetooth to my intercom kit.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »
Sorry to sabotage the thread but I have just read BP's post saying he had the bike. Get out there BP! The weathers lovely and sunny. Just about to get the bike cover off and head to Lincoln with the gf. Got to visit my old Dad who wants to see the bike.

I am so glad I didn;t get the stereo. I don't need it and find music whist riding is a distraction I can do without.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

tweedy-bunch