Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena SR10 / PMR radios / PTT  (Read 1466 times)

Offline rtb1965

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Epsom
Sena SR10 / PMR radios / PTT
« on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:09 pm »
I think there may be a few other threads around this already?
I have an Sena SR10 and Baofeng UV5r+ linked to a Scala Rider Q3.
I had this set up working pretty well on my old bike and I am looking at getting everything sorted on my Trophy.
I had a problem with interference when I bike powered the radio but when it worked on it's own battery power it was fine.

A few questions -
Where have folks mounted / powered an SR10?
Where have they mounted / powered PMRs?
 Has anyone mounted a better PTT that the stock SR10 version, I would like to get to something that looks like a permanent fixture and not held on with an elastic band.

I had the SR10 bike powered before and did not need ready access as it would pair as it fired up.
If bike powering the radio worked OK I would not need to get to it all the time.
I would not be changing channels much if at all and would hope to settle on a workable volume.

Thanks in advance

Roy

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: Sena SR10 / PMR radios / PTT
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:24:00 pm »
Roy

I use a GT3 (Baofeng) but hard wire through an Autocom with PTT. I had interference previously on other bikes but not the TT. When I installed I ran all the earth connections to the same point. The radio autocom everything to one point and then straight to the Neg terminal of the battery.

You may be suffering Ground Loop Interference which is eliminated if you do the above.

Give it a try.

Adrian
It wasn't me !!