Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Shift lever adjustment  (Read 1735 times)

Offline ISU Cyclone

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Algona, IA
Shift lever adjustment
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:57:55 am »
A few weeks ago while I had my Trophy in for 30K mile service & some new tires, I asked about raising the shift lever so I could get the toe of my thicker, cold weather boots under it. The serve tech could only adjust it a little bit before it would hit the engine case. He said he could bend it out just a little & it would clear and allow much more adjustment but he was hesitant to try to bend it fearing it might break. So he ordered a replacement to have on hand just in case it did break. I went back a couple weeks later & he took it off, bent it out just enough to clear the case & then adjusted it up so I could fit my heavier boot toe under it. Much better and the lever didn't break.
19?? Cushman scooter, 1971 Suzuki TC100, 1973 Kawasaki Mache II 350 Triple, 1974 Honda CL450, 1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo, 1980 Suzuki GS1000, 1983, 86, 87, 87, 91 Yamaha Venture, 2013 & 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (both blue)

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
Re: Shift lever adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:48:23 am »
I have the same issue and was told they hadn't done one yet but suspect they might need up to two hrs workshop time  :084: might give it a go myself.

The problem I find compared to other Triumph boxes is that it needs a much larger release stroke and if you haven't let the lever drop far enough it hasn't released the engagement dog. I could go all the way through the boxon 1050 Tiger with only tiny movements.  Takes a bit of getting used to but you feel such a muppet in your nice shiney new boots  :034:

Good to see your dealer was thinking ahead  :028:

tweedy-bunch