Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dead Battery... Radio Module  (Read 2706 times)

Offline James Johnson

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Alvord
Dead Battery... Radio Module
« on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:19 am »
I just purchased a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE and the radio quit working and today, the battery was at zero voltage.  I called the dealer and he said they have a recall on the radio modules and that they are on back order.  My question is... this seems to be a common problem with the Trophy SE's.  Has anybody had the new radio module installed and did this fix the problem long term.  I would hate to see the same problem show up when I am in the middle of no where (like the Wind River Indian reservation) or one month after the warranty is over.  Other than the radio draining the battery, it is a great bike. 

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: Dead Battery... Radio Module
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:54:36 am »
G'day,

Had a similar problem with the audio unit when I purchased the bike 18 months ago. Audio unit replaced under warranty with no repeats.

No issue with the battery draining; may be a faulty battery.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:15:24 am »
There is also a software update now available for the audio module which makes sure thatch the bluetooth services are properly shut down when the bike is which appears to be the true problem. This is a much easier fix than actually replacing the audio unit which is almost a complete tear down of the bike!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Fast Ed15

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Northport,NY
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:34:02 pm »
Other than the dealer ,is there any way to get the upgrade so we can do it at home

Offline Maxwell

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chester, England.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:36 pm »
My 2013 is booked in on the 19th to get the radio module replaced under warranty.
I have no battery problems but the radio is totally dead with no indication on the screen & the power point/lead for the sat-nav (under the left hand mirror) has no voltage as it's fed from the radio module.
My Triumph dealer has NEVER replaced one before & showed me it's location under the seat, rather them than me!
Triumph allows them 2.5 hours for the job.

tweedy-bunch