Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Antenna  (Read 2278 times)

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Antenna
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:35:05 pm »
Hi Guys

Being a cheapskate I only have the standard Trophy and not the SE.  :087: I use PMR radios and am looking to mount my external antenna, where you posh guys have your antenna fitted for the audio, on the front fairing.

On the standard bike I have a blanking plate over the recess for the factory fit audio antenna.

My question is does anyone know how to remove this blanking plate. Is it just clipped in and will lever out or is t fixed in a way that will require a little more dismantling  :187:

Thanks

Adrian
It wasn't me !!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Antenna
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:41:18 pm »
Not sure what the answer is but you can get to the back of it very easily by just puling the mirror back and it swings out of the way.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 03:07:47 pm »
Looks like it just clips in  :028:

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 05:11:19 pm »
Thanks guys

Coconuts drawing was spot on and yes just a clip at op and bottom.

Cheers  :821:

Adrian
It wasn't me !!

Offline Stumpyone

• Trophy Pro
  • One life.....live it
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Havant
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:37:44 am »
Hi Adrian,

Which PMR DO YOU USE? I've often thought about putting an external aerial on my previous bike but was told by kenwood that you can't get the right connections to connect a 3201 to an external aerial!!

I'd welcome any advice around this

Mark
TTSE 2017... Blue - the new Red!!!
CBF1000
Vmax
FJ1200
Maxim 650

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:40 pm »
Hi Mark

I use an Intek MT 5050  which is 446 Mhz and licence free. These can be easily modded for 5 w output rather than the standard .5w  :164:,with an antenna adapter. This is then connected via a fly lead to the antenna via a bulkhead fitting. The only thing of course is fitting and external antenna and going to 5w makes the radio illegal  :164: I also use for other use a licenced radio on 449 MHz and this is a baofeng GT3. Cracking little radio runs 5w and easy external antenna fix but this needs a licence, which is £75 for 5 years.

The bottom line is that what do your mates have you want to converse with. If they are on 446 PMR like the Kenwoods then you can use the MT 5050. If you have a Kenwood now then google antenna mod as I think this has been done for external as this would be the cheapest option.  :047:

Does this all make sense. If you need more info I will supply and emil or home phone number.

Adrian

It wasn't me !!