Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Just stopped by to say hello  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
Just stopped by to say hello
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:09 am »
Well, it's been 6 months and 6000 miles since I traded my Trophy in for the Tiger 800. Just thought I'd say hi and see whats new around here. Looks like you guys are getting some good riding in, and looks like some of the same gremlins are still playing games with the bikes.
I've been having a ball on the Tiger. I've been all over Oregon, and quite a bit of Washington on it. The only problems I've run into were completely self inflicted (Tiger doesn't like to fall down in the dirt, tends to make the brake levers want to fall off).
I've found the Tiger to be a very comfortable all day ride....Nothing like the Trophy of course, but the trade off for me being able to tear off onto any road that struck my fancy is more then worth it. Theres been days when the cruise control sounded awful nice, but I feel much more comfortable, or maybe I have much more confidence in the Tiger then I did with the Trophy. Seemed like I was always listening for the first sign of problems with the Trophy.
Anyway, I didn't stop in to complain about her, The Trophy was such an awsome touring bike for me. I'll never forget my California road trip on her. The Trophy ate up those miles without ever breaking a sweat.
But I have to say, Triumph hit the ball out of the park for me with the Tiger. Miles o smiles baby!
Gonna get out and do a little fall riding this weekend, I'll toss a wave to the Trophy riders out there.
BTW, anyone on the forum here buy my old Trophy from Cascade Moto in Beaverton? First beers on me!
Alright boys...I'll leave ya with a little Tiger ride report.

http://youtu.be/zBY13ipUKOM?list=UUHQSfQIPb9R0_Rqd_-MuZSA

Later on
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:32:41 am by Briang1234 »
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Just stopped by to say hello
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:55 am »
Hi briang1234. Thanks for stopping by and especially for the video.  This one is even better than your CA video. You have a real talent. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:26:18 am »
*Originally Posted by Briang1234 [+]
Well, it's been 6 months and 6000 miles since I traded my Trophy in for the Tiger 800. Just thought I'd say hi and see whats new around here.
Thanks for the report! You sure know how to make good videos!

BTW, I recall that you were the one who got very poor MPG on your TTSE and was really around 10-15 MPG less than the display said it was.

What type of MPG are you getting on the Tiger and how does it compare to the average for that bike?

Or was the TTSE poor MPG mystery somehow solved?

-Don-  SSF, CA

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:57:19 am »
Hi Briang1234,

Good to hear from you !

I must admit that I don't usually watch all of the videos that get posted in these Forums,
as I find some of them a bit "samey", or even boring at times,
but I watched all of yours, and you have excelled yourself with it - WELL DONE !

Take care, and keep "popping back" with more  :821:

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 05:23:17 pm »
Hi Briang

Good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying your Tiger. As usual I am offshore so cannt view the video but will check it out when home next.

Enjoy your autumn riding by the time I get back it will be end of November riding for me :008:

But you cannt beat a good days riding on a fine sunny frosty day.

Stay safe buddy

seadog
seadog

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:59:56 pm »
Good to hear from you again.
I have two friends who each have a Tiger 800. They both love them.
All the best.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Briang1234

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukie, Or.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 01:00:28 am »
Im glad you guys like the videos. They're a lot of fun to make. Well, the riding part is the most fun of course! Don, I never really looked to deep into the milage I was getting on the Trophy. I think I was just pretty heavy handed on the throttle. I must be getting about 40 mpg around town on the Tiger and low 40s on road trips. Im looking for gas at 190 miles on the trip odo. I took a trip up to Mt Rainier earlier in the summer, totally lost track of the fuel situation up there and thankfully it was all downhill to Packwood Wa. For gas. Went about 240 miles on that tank and was sweating it on the way down. Dont want to set any more milage records.
Im headed for Utah in the spring for my next big road trip. If any of you are around there in early May......
Later on!
Brian
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
Riding the Northwet