Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Our Weeks Tour of Southern Ireland on TiTSE  (Read 1392 times)

Offline bigog7470

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Altrincham
Our Weeks Tour of Southern Ireland on TiTSE
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:22:03 am »
Well its been 5 days since we (The boss came along to keep me company) arrived back home from a fantastic Southern Ireland romp. So if your sitting comfatably I will begin

Day 1 (Friday 24/10)

Not an exciting bit of the journey but got the lad dropped off at his mothers for the week and it was off at 4pm for a jaunt from home to our over night stay in Cemaus Bay on Anglesey. Basically it was M56, A55 all the way but the joys of Friday afternoon traffic and riding a motorbike along with filtering. It does piss a few people off but I dont care, I made progress  :152:
The weather wasnt to bad as we had missed the afternoon heavy rain and no need for the waterproofs this time.
Arrived after dark at our digs for the night. Not the best place as the room was, shall we say, only just passable. The bed was harder than the A55 we had just travelled on but i will give it 10/10 for its steak (Not the bed, the restaurant  :745: :745:) and a loveley pudding to finish of the day with but unfortunately, not the best nights sleep  :110: Bloody Bed
Yamaha DT250 (Many moons ago), Honda CBF125, Honda CBF600, Honda CBF1000, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Explorer, Triumph Trophy SE

Offline bigog7470

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Altrincham
Re: Our Weeks Tour of Southern Ireland on TiTSE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:59:49 pm »
Day 2 (Saturday 25/10. Angelsey-Dublin-Wicklow-Wexford)

Early start today as the ferry departure was 08:50 so downstairs for breakfast at 07:45 "Sorry Breakfast isnt until 8" so it was pack the bike and make our way to Hollyhead without the fodder, straight through check in and all abourd The Stena Nordica for our crossing to Dublin and 3hrs and 15mins we arrived in sunny Dublin.
A bit of messing about on the local roads but eventually we found the R761 around the Bray area to pick up the R750 to our brew and cake stop at Wicklow. Great little place to stop with the local kids all in halloween costumes who certainly take it a bity more serious over there than on these shores.

It amazed me at times to traverse these fantastic road to all of a sudden, on the same road, hit it where they must have 1st laid the tarmac, way back when  :187: but it kept me on my toes. A short stop for a photo opportunity just south of Brittas Bay then it was onwards and upwards to our overnight B&B 4 miles or so outside of Wexford called Killinick. Cracking place with undercover parking for bike and very friendly owners to boot. This is a newish build B&B and a fare size too. We were directed to the local village which is just up the road for our evening nose bag along with a few samples of Irelands finest at Ye Old Coopers Inn  :821: where a burger meal was consumed to soak up the Guiness  :034:. We were informed that the pub opposite had good entertainment on in the evening but im at that age now where i was buggered at 10pm and it was time for bed.... to watch Match of the Day, in a comfy bed  :028:
Yamaha DT250 (Many moons ago), Honda CBF125, Honda CBF600, Honda CBF1000, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Explorer, Triumph Trophy SE