Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: The best Bluetooth headset  (Read 7428 times)

Offline Torpoint Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torpoint ,Cornwall
The best Bluetooth headset
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »
Ok now that I have come back to the trophy from the explorer I need to find a good Bluetooth headset that I can pair to the trophys audio Bluetooth system.
I know there has been issues with some helmets and headsets so I want to get one which will work and do the job.
Intrested to hear all your thoughts ?

Offline AVI.INC

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hawthorne CA.
Re: The best Bluetooth headset
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »
I have the scalarider G9x it works well i pair my phone to bike and my G9x to bike and the other G9x to my other helmet (for twoup). Alls good.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:04:34 pm by AVI.INC »
I must be going too fast for too long evey time i get back i'm younger!!

Offline Torpoint Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Torpoint ,Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »
 :152: cheers

Offline Turboschwinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Waynesboro, Virginia
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:51:54 pm »
I have a Scala Rider G4 Powerset that I've been using for almost 4 years. 

If you not seen the new Sena 20S, it's really worth taking a look at...Here's a link to the Sena 20S. It's the new big bother to the Sena SMH10 which is a really good headset too.  Check 'em both out at the Sena website.

At the time I bought the G4, I felt it was the best solution on the market.  Recently I've been looking to upgrade and am considering more alternatives to the G9 which is the newer version of the G4.  Reason being, I too moved from an Explorer to the Trophy and I feel I've outgrown The G4's, or rather, my choice of bike has outgrown what I want to do with it and most likely the new stuff has a fair bit more technology baked into it like Bluetooth 4.0 and the ability to pair to 8 other riders vs. 4. 

Now that I've seen the Sena 20S and played around with the Sena SMH10 I'm not sure the G9 will fill my lust for new/best technology out there. On the Explorer all I wanted to do was pair to my phone and/or a pillion or other rider and the G4 does that and more. But the time has come to upgrade.  I'm going with the Sena 20S.

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »
Sena SMH10 software v5 works very well for both rider/bike, rider/pillion, rider/rider's (4) regardless of BT headset.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 01:13:58 am »
VERY pleased with my Sena SMH10 and its universal bike-to-bike intercom feature!
Serial BMW rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 02:24:48 am »
*Originally Posted by AVI.INC [+]
I have the scalarider G9x it works well i pair my phone to bike and my G9x to bike and the other G9x to my other helmet (for twoup). Alls good.
AVI.INC. what is your secret.  I have a G9 and it does not act consistently with the Trophy.  It has never connected the way Triumph recommends.  I've always had to connect the headset to the Trophy. And the phone to the headset.  Won't work at all if I try to connect the phone to the bike.  Now I realize that part is not likely the G9s fault. But the G9 does not stay consistently paired with either the bike or the phone.  Sometimes will lose connection after 4-5 days. Sometimes will last 1-2 months. Scala customer service is useless. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline AVI.INC

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hawthorne CA.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 03:53:53 am »
First I make sure that you have an account on the cardio community to get the latest firmware and set up then I paired the headset to the bike on one and the phone to the bike on on two. My phone is an android Samsung S4 I set my phone to hands-free auto answer and when the phone rings it mutes the music and puts the call straight through I can not take the call by pressing p.I also have the nav set to on this allows me to use the Garman/AM/FM the serious satellite my phone I don't need to have my phone plugged into the USB so I can just plug it in the back box for power and it works through Bluetooth that leaves me the USB front port for a thumb drive with additional music. I do have the latest music module update on the bike but all of this work before I got that I just had the issue where the Garman did not turn off all the time and I had to be aware of that to keep the battery from wearing down.
I must be going too fast for too long evey time i get back i'm younger!!

tweedy-bunch