Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena Versus Scala  (Read 8370 times)

Offline oz1759

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Tidworth
Sena Versus Scala
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »
Which is best? I cant decide so i need some help. Its between the Sena SMH10 and the Scala G9. If you have either or similar let me know how they are please.

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Sena Versus Scala
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »
I have Sena and it works perfectly. Can't comment on Scala as I have never used it. I have the headset paired with the bike and pillion. By using the multi pairing option I have my headset paired with the SR10 Bluetooth two way radio adaptor which gives me bike to bike.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
I believe at www.revzilla.comm has a u tube video on the two ...
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:12:45 AM »
That link doesn't work for me you need to delete one of the "m"s
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:15:27 AM by davidw3d »

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:32:51 AM »
I bought the Sena SMH10 recently and it works well.  The jog wheel works better than buttons.  The intercom is pretty clear even at highway speeds.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2000 Honda CBR600F4 (track bike)

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by davidw3d [+]
I have Sena and it works perfectly. Can't comment on Scala as I have never used it. I have the headset paired with the bike and pillion. By using the multi pairing option I have my headset paired with the SR10 Bluetooth two way radio adaptor which gives me bike to bike.

sorry did not quite understand what you said.

say in the choice of accessories you paired two seine units, and operate the two units at once?

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by miss [+]
sorry did not quite understand what you said.

say in the choice of accessories you paired two seine units, and operate the two units at once?

I bought a dual set of SMH10 headsets, one for the rider and one for the pillion. The two headsets are already paired together when they are delivered. I then connected my GPS by wire into the Trophy's audio system using the connector located in the left fairing behind the mirror. Then I paired my iphone with the Trophy. I then paired the rider SMH10 with the Trophy. That allowed me to have the GPS and the radio and the iPhone work through the riders headset (rider only). I then fitted a SR10 connected to a two way radio which I paired with the rider headset only using the multi pairing option on the headset.

The pillion can only connect to intercom or listen to a music source using the 3.5mm jack from say an iPod. (with this configuration)

The rider can hear GPS, Trophy radio, iPhone, pillion intercom and bike to bike via the two way radio.

This is exactly how we want it to work but it may be possible to pair the pillion headset with other bluetooth sources but I haven't tried that.

Hope this helps.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by davidw3d [+]
I bought a dual set of SMH10 headsets, one for the rider and one for the pillion. The two headsets are already paired together when they are delivered. I then connected my GPS by wire into the Trophy's audio system using the connector located in the left fairing behind the mirror. Then I paired my iphone with the Trophy. I then paired the rider SMH10 with the Trophy. That allowed me to have the GPS and the radio and the iPhone work through the riders headset (rider only). I then fitted a SR10 connected to a two way radio which I paired with the rider headset only using the multi pairing option on the headset.

The pillion can only connect to intercom or listen to a music source using the 3.5mm jack from say an iPod. (with this configuration)

The rider can hear GPS, Trophy radio, iPhone, pillion intercom and bike to bike via the two way radio.

This is exactly how we want it to work but it may be possible to pair the pillion headset with other bluetooth sources but I haven't tried that.

Hope this helps.

Hi Dave
Do you work at NASA :745: :745:

Chaos

Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

tweedy-bunch