Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Low voltage radio off  (Read 4193 times)

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
Low voltage radio off
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:54:23 am »
 :233:

Well the dealer has look at my bike twice for this... first time they install new software patch...   DDid not work..

Too it back when I had time...  spend hours on it still no luck...  battery was good both with dealer checker and truimphs checker

they want to look at it again...   

Has anyone had this fixed yet  its 14...  with 17000....this started in july of this year

thanks all    teal1500@yahoo.com

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Re: Low voltage radio off
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:13:43 pm »
My battery crapped out and I have not had either the low voltage message or the radio cut off since I replaced it.

Offline Sherman

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TTSE
  • City / Town: Minehead
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:42:21 pm »
I've had this twice now, bike has just done 1000 miles, the first time I had the dealer check it. They said that it was due to the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system and nothing to worry about, but if it was reoccuring then they would put in a warranty claim for a new unit. Apprantly it has something to do with the power system in the tyre valves. Sounds a bit flaky to me, but then what do i know?

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »
*Originally Posted by Sherman [+]
I've had this twice now, bike has just done 1000 miles, the first time I had the dealer check it. They said that it was due to the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system and nothing to worry about, but if it was reoccuring then they would put in a warranty claim for a new unit. Apprantly it has something to do with the power system in the tyre valves. Sounds a bit flaky to me, but then what do i know?
I think you're confused with the "TPMS battery low" message which, AFAIK,  has nothing to do with the "Low voltage audio off message".

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »
Either confused or the dealer is giving you rubbish????  TPMS has batteries in both wheels that should last a long time.  Low voltage radio off happens to me only if I leave the bike on for a few minutes before pressing the starter.  Normally if I press just after the normal start up routine (both gauges to top and back and TES light off) then I don't get the message.  It does seem the voltage for cut off has been set high but I would rather the bike started (like lights out or in side lights until started) than have a radio at start up.  The problem is when the radio does not come back straight away after starting.  The TT is either critical of the battery or Triumph has had a bad batch as some people have had lots of problems here.  Obviously another issue is the audio upgrade (fix) with the XM radio. 

Still nothing to do with TPMS which does not start until after you have ridden away for a bit anyway.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:35:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
Still nothing to do with TPMS which does not start until after you have ridden away for a bit anyway.
I think they way this works is . . . the TPMS receiver is searching for the signal as soon as the ignition is turned on. But the sensors on the tires are off until rotation is detected by the sensors themselves, to save TPMS battery life while parked.

Not that any of this really matters here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Sherman

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TTSE
  • City / Town: Minehead
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:46 pm »
It was definitely the "Low voltage audio off message", and the dealer explained that it was the TPMS causing it. Could be that the only fault stored was the TPMS.
Anyway, next time I'm passing it will go back in.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:20 pm »
*Originally Posted by Sherman [+]
It was definitely the "Low voltage audio off message", and the dealer explained that it was the TPMS causing it. Could be that the only fault stored was the TPMS.
Anyway, next time I'm passing it will go back in.
If so, you need to find a dealer who understands the Trophy better.

-Don-  Reno, NV