Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from Virginia, USA  (Read 3661 times)

Offline blizzard

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Virginia,
Hello from Virginia, USA
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:04:16 pm »
I'm a noob to riding, having only started 2 years ago.  I rode a used Kawasaki for a year, then graduated to a new 2014 Triumph Trophy SE.  I wish I could say it's been a great experience, but it seems like I'm having more problems than I should with a brand new bike.  I'm seriously considering trading it in and hope that this forum will give me some tips to keep me from going crazy!  I'll cruise the forums for the info I need, but having just completed the 10k service (I bought the bike in Dec 2013), I'm not happy with the local service provider, who is the only person to do any work on the bike.  Help me out brothers (and sisters)!  cheers

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Hello from Virginia, USA
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »
welcome aboard  :821: sorry to hear about your not so successful experience with the bike, hope you'll get this sorted out quickly to your satisfaction and that you'll stay with us! Good luck !
Something strikes me: it seems that our American friends experience far more problems with dealers than their European counterparts, just wonder why is that?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:59:40 am by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline blizzard

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Virginia,
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:53:48 am »
Thanks for the note.  I'm blaming the local dealers for poor service more than the bike, however, the bike has had 1 recall (ECM) that the dealer proactively informed me about (yet took nearly 2 weeks to install), a leaking hose on the cooling system that I discovered, and a leak on the oil (found during the 10k service).  I had to contact Triumph to get them to contact the dealer to tow in the bike at their expense tomorrow.  If that goes well, then I'll stick around.  otherwise I'm going to try BMW or Kawasaki.  Just can't pull the trigger on a Harley!  cheers

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:23:27 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  unfortunately each of the problems you mentioned have been cited by other members.  But I though those were on 2013 models.  I had their the 2014 improved.  Where in Virginia are you?  I lived in Lexington for a few years
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:20:10 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum :400:

Sorry to hear of your troubles.... having a great dealership you can trust is a large part of the whole experience for sure! I hope yours buck their ideas up!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:47:32 am »
Hi blizzard and  :400:  to the Club !

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having, as has been mentioned those are problems
that have been experienced by other Members, and on earlier machines,
so they should all be sorted to your satisfaction without any undue hassle.

Unfortunately their have also been a few problems with individual Dealerships
that have compounded such problems, where Member have resorted to dealing directly
with Triumph US, and if still no joy - Triumph UK.

Hope it all gets sorted for you, so you can get on with enjoying he Trophy,
which underneath is a really fantastic bike  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 11:40:12 am »
Hi Blizzard. I also bought my 2014 in December of 2013. I now have 19,000 trouble free miles on it. Mine was recalled for the ECM I made an appointment and it took my dealer 1 hour to do the job. Possibly another dealer in your future? You have some great riding in your area and I come over that way a lot. Usually in the southern part of Va. The TT loves those roads.

Offline Ishtachi1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HD Ultra Glide
  • City / Town: Waldwick, NJ
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 12:45:51 pm »
I am sorry you are having problems with both your dealer and the bike. Was the first 10000 miles problem free? Problems like this is stoping me from buying TTSE. 3 weeks ago I almost pull the trigger I backed out then dealer called me back Saturday with even better deal I am just afraid to buy one and have to deal with all the problems. I had HD touring bikes for the longest time only thing I like about TT and RT is the seating position compare to HD. I don't want buy RT because closest dealer is 70 miles away HD is 5 miles from my house or any house in US. So by the end of this month it will be TT or HD both bikes has it is pros and cons as for as service and reliability HD is winning.