Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Remus silent installation. Necessary mapping or not?  (Read 7975 times)

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Nevers
Remus silent installation. Necessary mapping or not?
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:57:42 pm »
Hello  :016:

I bought a pot adaptable remus http://www.remususa.com/epages/remus.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/remus/Products/Trophy_SE_HexaCone/SubProducts/Trophy_SE_HexaCone

I'll mount it myself and take the bike dealer

That ci indeed advise me to change engine mapping

Could you tell me if there is another mapping than that of ARROWS for a remus for example in triumph or if they will always install me only that they have designed for ARROWS pots only?

Thanks in advance for your feedback or advice to be subject  :062:

Nice day  :158:

Kind regards

Philippe
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:59:25 pm by FIFFY58 »

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
Re: Remus silent installation. Necessary mapping or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 04:28:34 pm »
Philippe,
No other mapping is required for the Remus. The ECU of the 1215 engine installed on Trophy and Explorer will adapt by itself.
Remember to remove the rubber bung on the centerstand stop and install this on the new Remus linkpipe.
Personally I was a bit disappointed about the sound with the DB killer installed. My solution was to cut 2,5cm/1 inch of the perforated DB killer pipe  :008: which resulted in a better sound without getting too loud
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:35:16 pm by Mustangpilot »
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mustangpilot [+]
Philippe,
No other mapping is required for the Remus. The ECU of the 1215 engine installed on Trophy and Explorer will adapt by itself.
Remember to remove the rubber bung on the centerstand stop and install this on the new Remus linkpipe.
Personally I was a bit disappointed about the sound with the DB killer installed. My solution was to cut 2,5cm/1 inch of the perforated DB killer pipe  :008: which resulted in a better sound without getting too loud

Great big thanks for the feedback  :016: :062:

This is my dealer that has hinted me that it would be better to adjust the mapping...

But I'm septic because the lambda sensor is located near the collector so the valve and the calculator must be able to adjust the injection accordingly... normally

Yes for the reduction of the chicane to exit gases more quickly and thus increase the noise

Or then make manufacture baffles with a diameter greater than those of descent (I did on my last bike and devils)

Case to follow...

Good evening  :158:  :821:

Philippe

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »
Your dealer should know that no other mappings for the 2015 engines exist! !!! And that Remus indicates that no other mapping/tune is needed.  So???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:17:23 pm by Mustangpilot »

Offline 1100xx25

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 Trophy
  • City / Town: Lantenne vertiere
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:21:27 pm »
J'ai monté en février 2013 un silencieux Rémus titane et mon concessionnaire Triumph de Besançon avait alors chargé une cartographie que Triumph a développé en cas de monte de silencieux adaptable, celle-ci ayant pour but de minimiser les pétarades moteur à la décélération.

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:29:44 pm »
*Originally Posted by 1100xx25 [+]
J'ai monté en février 2013 un silencieux Rémus titane et mon concessionnaire Triumph de Besançon avait alors chargé une cartographie que Triumph a développé en cas de monte de silencieux adaptable, celle-ci ayant pour but de minimiser les pétarades moteur à la décélération.
If my translation is correct,  your dealer is a stealer and made you pay for something that simply does not exist.
How do I know? ? I owned 2 Explorers with Arrow cans and now the Trophy with the Remus.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:33:28 pm by Mustangpilot »

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:16:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mustangpilot [+]
Your dealer should know that no other mappings for the 2015 engines exist! !!! And that Remus indicates that no other mapping/tune is needed.  So???

For information, I do spend the full 134 HP motorcycle because in france it is still clamped electronically to 106 cv... I him to mount a filter BMC sport air and so told me to change the mapping for the remus pot... I thought also that the mapping was useful in the event of the complete line change and not for the silencer which certified

I confess to not knowing what to think: 183:

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 10:20:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by 1100xx25 [+]

Oui j'ai entendu parler de cette cartographie.. En fait chez triumph, il n'existerait qu'une seule cartographie réf 20164 qui est destinée au pot ARROWS vendu en option par triumph et visiblement ils adapteraient cette cartographie à tout les pots adaptables

Et toi es tu satisfait de ton pot rémus avec le recul et au niveau pétarades à la décélération sont ils peu présents?

Traduction

Yes I've heard of this mapping... In fact in triumph, there is only a single ref 20164 mapping which is destined for the pot ARROWS sold optional by triumph and obviously they would suit this mapping to any suitable pots

And you are you satisfied with your pot remus with hindsight and ROAR to the deceleration are they little present?

tweedy-bunch