Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Seat Height - Am I crazy ?  (Read 6964 times)

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
Re: Seat Height - Am I crazy ?
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 03:37:13 am »
I have a 32 inch inseam and I had to buy the taller  seat and then raise it 1/2"!

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:53:38 am »
Hi paulbaker. I too have a Sprint ST and Trophy. I agree with you that it is much easier to hold the Sprint upright - but in my case it is more due to the bulk and weight of the Trophy than the actual seat height. I have long arms and legs, but the levers are weak...
cecilt

Offline Necromancer

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 06:47:31 pm »
I dropped mine twice on its first outing with pillion, both times at 1-2 mph.
The first was trying to manoeuvre into a parking space (note to self: unload pillion first in future.
Second was T junction whilst waiting for car to pass; turns out his drive was just on the junction arc so I was caught off balance. Both times to the right. I'm about 33" leg with another 3/4" boot heel. Suspension set on 2 riders. I guess I'll just need to get used to it considering my other machine is a '64 5TA .

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too many!
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 08:30:47 pm »
28” inside leg here and pretty happy on the TTSE with a standard height seat; I’ve recently tried a low seat, but it turned out to be too low.
Swapping between this and my Explorer, the biggest dofferent between the two is the substantial extra width of the seat on the SE.
‘13 Tiger 1200 Gold/Red  - 2013 to date
‘14 Trophy 1200 SE Silver - 2021 to date
‘15 Trophy 1200 A1 Pacific Blue - 2020 to date (for sale soon)
‘15 Trophy 1200 SE Ruby Red - 2021 to date

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 02:02:27 pm »
Welcome to The Forum, Necromancer!

I would suggest that you practice your low speed maneuvers solo until you gain a little more confidence in your new ride.  :038:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 12:26:36 pm »
*Originally Posted by azgman [+]
I can tell you it is easier to flatfoot a Trophy than a 2007 BMW R1200RT. Wear boots and just lean the bike to the left a little until your left foot hits the ground. I keep my right foot on the brake when I stop and rarely use two feet. (maybe with a fidgeting passenger or on a highly crowned road)

I have a 32" inseam BTW.

Try doing that two-up with full luggage on an Alpine hairpin bend when you meet a vehicle coming the other way!   :005:
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline rrosierider

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Butler
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 03:58:52 pm »
I also am a new Trophy rider with 29 in inseam. I purchased my 2015 in May this year. The Trophy is a challenge for me also and I purchased lowering links from Soupy to lower it. I have since riden several times and I am not sure I still want to install the links. I am gettng used to it and do not feel as insecure as is and I love this ride so I hesitate to change anything at this point unti I am sure thats what I want.
rosierider 2015 Trophy-Saphire

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 04:01:11 pm »
Stopping on the turn at low speed with a pillion is a no-no. I find the position of the footpegs forces my feet out wider than I would like, so I always try to be upright when coming to a stop. I also have no shame in letting the pillion dismount first, when approaching a diesel soiled filling station!
cecilt

tweedy-bunch