Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: senna v scala rider  (Read 11262 times)

Offline aquitaine

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy sexycrnt
  • City / Town: leics
senna v scala rider
« on: December 03, 2014, 03:13:09 pm »
just back from nec bike show .looked at these 2 headsets scala rider v sena .any help as 2 which is the best for 2 up riding .so we can listen to radio /sat nav .and talk when needed ,whats the best to pair up with our se .thanks for any help

Online tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
Re: senna v scala rider
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
My wife and I are on our 3rd system.  We started with the Scala Rider Q2 Multiset.  They worked well but the battery life was only about 6 hours.  Easy to use.

Our 2nd set was the Nolan system.  Great battery life (10+ hours) but very funky interface.  Not as much range as the Scala set.  My wife took a tumble and we needed to replace her helmet but, unfortunately, Nolan discontinued the N43E.

We now have the Sena SMH-10 sets that are integrated with the Bell Mag 9 helmets.  Very easy to use.  Great interface.  Good volume as well.  Easy to pair with bluetooth systems.

I can't comment on the newer Scala systems.  I'm sure that they are wonderful.  I'm wouldn't hesitate to buy one.  That being said, the Sena seems to be the system to get right now.  Good luck.

-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »
I've just purchase the cardo sho-1 duo which is a great piece of kit but only suitable for shoei helmet range.

Connects to bike device 1 okay, which allows the sat nav to be used without the Bluetooth being connected as it hard wire. My phone isn't compatable with the bike device 2. But have tested it with the wife phone and it works okay.

I can connect the phone to the sho-1 head set okay. The reason the phone won't work is because it has two sims allowing me to switch between my personnel one and works. The trophy built in system can handle it when calls are made and received.

Hope the above helps, but stay away from the scalarider team pro set as they don't work with the trophy.

GJ-Trophy :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »
The Sena I have paired directly to my phone and it is voice controlled, and it is paired separately to the bike audio which the phone will mute during phone use.  It pairs easily, and I have an older TOMTOM GPS in a homemade waterproof case that does not bluetooth with the Sena, but newer GPS's may not have that issue and you could pair a phone to the GPS then GPS to the Sena - but I don't know for a fact you would have hands free through the GPS.  Sena's can be purchased as a pre paired set, or you can get them separately and pair them for intercom, and they will also pair universally with another brand/rider in addition to the pillion pairing.  If you go online and register your Sena you can update the firmware when they come out for free, and you can use a micro USB charge cable and plug them in while in use and never worry about battery life if that is an issue and you don't mind the cord.  I use the earbud adaptor plate with mine and some Bose sport earbuds and everything is clear and I can still hear outside noise such as sirens/horns OK.  The new 20S unit has a separate battery location and lower profile, and an earbud jack included in the housing so you don't need a different mounting plate on that model.  If you have a look at the Sena website you will find much more information than I have provided.  I used to have a Nolan unit (still do on an older helmet), and it was OK but the Sena is much easier to use although it's a little bulky.  Hope this helps.
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »
*Originally Posted by GJ-Trophy [+]
I've just purchase the cardo sho-1 duo which is a great piece of kit but only suitable for shoei helmet range.

Connects to bike device 1 okay, which allows the sat nav to be used without the Bluetooth being connected as it hard wire. My phone isn't compatable with the bike device 2. But have tested it with the wife phone and it works okay.

I can connect the phone to the sho-1 head set okay. The reason the phone won't work is because it has two sims allowing me to switch between my personnel one and works. The trophy built in system cant handle it when calls are made and received.

Hope the above helps, but stay away from the scalarider team pro set as they don't work with the trophy.

GJ-Trophy :002:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline Torpoint Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torpoint ,Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:29:21 pm »
I have just bought the Scala rider Q2 and got to say I love it pairs with the bike and phone brilliantly can't fault it

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:37:44 pm »
Good info.  The choices get wider all the time.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 12:40:50 am »
Have not been happy with the G9.  Also unhappy with Scala support. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST