Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: warning lights  (Read 6683 times)

Offline skiprat

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
warning lights
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome to a newbie, my first question is about the operation of the warning lights when starting the bike, The bikes warranty has just ended, still one more year on engine after work done on head.
The last work done was the ECM exchange, this gave the windscreen raise lower problems, fixed with software update. I then felt that on key turned to ignition that I wasnt getting the same light display as with previous ECM, read the handbook (a first) which states battery warning light illuminates and stays on till engine starts which is straightforward but oil pressure I am not sure about, on my bike a non SE Trophy the battery light does not do the 1.5 sec lamp check or illuminate before starting, phoned dealer and he checked his two Trophys and said they are the same as mine and would contact Triumph, gave him a week and called him he says the feeling is that it is a TYPO, I told him I was not happy with that answer and now waiting for a call, asked this on Facebook and only one reply and it was same as mine so I wonder is it a TYPO? are all our bikes like this. Phil

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: warning lights
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 12:42:24 am »
My battery ikon does not come on when I turn the key on.
2013 TTSE
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:41:37 am »
Mines a 2012 Launch and yes I've just checked. No battery lamp on mine.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:03:04 am »
2012 launch no battery idiot light

Offline redcap0006

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
  • City / Town: Athlone
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »
No battery icon before start up on my 2013 SE
(I do have low voltage warning though)

:083:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 11:45:27 am »
*Originally Posted by skiprat [+]
Thanks for the warm welcome to a newbie, my first question is about the operation of the warning lights when starting the bike, The bikes warranty has just ended, still one more year on engine after work done on head.
The last work done was the ECM exchange, this gave the windscreen raise lower problems, fixed with software update. I then felt that on key turned to ignition that I wasnt getting the same light display as with previous ECM, read the handbook (a first) which states battery warning light illuminates and stays on till engine starts which is straightforward but oil pressure I am not sure about, on my bike a non SE Trophy the battery light does not do the 1.5 sec lamp check or illuminate before starting, phoned dealer and he checked his two Trophys and said they are the same as mine and would contact Triumph, gave him a week and called him he says the feeling is that it is a TYPO, I told him I was not happy with that answer and now waiting for a call, asked this on Facebook and only one reply and it was same as mine so I wonder is it a TYPO? are all our bikes like this. Phil

Hope you have something in writing about the engine warranty being another year? Usually any warranty work carried out in the original term ends with the termination of the manufactures warranty term. Usually a contribution from manufacturer if a major failure but this will be minimal at most.
Good luck with that if needed  :028: It took over 6 months to get my SE replaced and I reported dangerous faults after the secon day of ownership :233: :233:
 Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:59:58 pm »
With the head recall we got extra time on the warranty

Offline w8d4it