Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: breakdowns  (Read 4632 times)

Offline mike1960

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumptrophy se
  • City / Town: bathgate
breakdowns
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:29:35 pm »
 :157: had my trophy for 6 months blue se had nothing but problems with it been back to the shop 4 times for a second ecu, new harness new switches new sensors, just wondering what next, triumph are meant to be looking into it but here's waiting but still love the bike. just need probs sorted

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: breakdowns
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:47 pm »
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.... :400:

Sorry to hear about your woes... Most of us have not experienced anything like that degree of pain although there are a couple who have...

Glad you are enjoying it enough to want to try and persevere... I hope your dealer and Triumph can resolve everything for you...
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:42:41 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400: unfortunately a number of owners have similar complaints. If it is any consolation Triumph do seem to be making a concerted effort to make things right.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:35:27 am »
Hi Mike. As all say above, there have been various issues with the Trophy but Triumph have so far held their hands up and dealt with them. Also, as has been said on various occasions, don't be too quick to make a judgement against Triumph or any other marque. This and any other forum has more topics revolving around complaints, faults and grumbles than you will ever hear about the good. If all is good then not much is said. Hope you soon get to the bottom of the issues and lose any doubts you may be having.
Cheers, Nick. :400:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:14:17 am »
Welcome to the forum

What was the symptoms that led to the changes.  I remember reading about people on here with harness problems but seems like a very small number.  There have been some issues with trapped wires in the handlebars (stop switch and heated grips) that possibly a harness change would not look at. The grips wires seem to be coming up a bit now. 

I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 11:24:01 am »
welcome aboard  :821: sincerely hope your problems will be sorted out to your satisfaction soon
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:34:28 am »
I had a couple of problems with my new Trophy in 2012.  It was an ex demo bike with 1900 miles on the clock but I did not expect the number of issues and tripos back to the shop to get them sorted.   My biggest problem was the attitude of the people in the dealership.  I often felt I was being fobbed off with poor excuses and that they realy did not want to be bothered with me.  I felt I was a pain in their A*s.   However, after asking for my money back or a brand new replacement, and a change of staff at the dealership things started to improve and the problems were sorted eventually.   The new guy behind the counter is first class and actually seems interested and concerned about customer complaints / comments. 

I hope your issues get sorted soon and without you having to resort to "I want my money back" threats.

Freeway Phil.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 10:19:40 am »
Welcome to the forum.

I find that most of the issues are because of dealers not wanting to bother to do what they are supposed to do and even not preparing the bikes properly in the first place.

I do not go to the original dealer after dealing with them for lots of months I just got fed up with the excuses.  Tried another one (only once so far) and they were true to their word.

tweedy-bunch