Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TPMS Battery low  (Read 20755 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: TPMS Battery low
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2018, 11:40:47 PM »
Best to you. :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 8 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2018, 04:33:35 AM »
I disabled the TTSE TPMS and put in a cheap Chinese one as I mentioned in a previous message in this thread. Other than my software hassles, to disable the TPMS, the complete installation took about three minutes.

The front sensor clears the right front brake caliper by around a half inch at the worse case.

I have it installed on top of the left lid using a metric screw and a couple of nuts and washers.  I plugged a cheap one dollar  12V to five volt plug in  converter (From a dollar store here in the USA)  into the 12 volt outlet inside the lid and drilled a couple of small holes in the lid, one for the metric mounting screw (not supplied--as it comes with a handlebar mount that I am not using). The other hole to fit the USB cable. This cheap TPMS will display with its own internal battery and will charge and display while the engine is running. It also has an audio alarm to get your attention, if psi goes below or above where thresholds are set. For tire temp also. I will try using the defaults for now. If it's loud enough to hear on the freeway, I doubt, but display will always be on when riding. It comes on by the slightest vibration, such as riding or a small tap on the unit when parked.  Mine will stay on for 62 seconds after the tap.

The psi shown below reads exactly the same as my $42.00 Harley Davidson tire gauge. This cheap unit is even more accurate than the TTSE's TPMS.

Here is a photo of what I did:

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of:
1971 Black BMW R75/5, 1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Blue (the faster color!) Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT/2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio/2017 Zero 6.5 DS/2017/Zero SR 13 w/Pwr Tank/2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU Road Glide Ultra

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »
I already have a waterproof USB port for my GPS velcro'd with adhesive back on the front of the tank cover, and I have another one so I could add another in the same spot to power the TPM receiver unit.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2018, 11:28:34 PM »
I went for a 150 mile ride today.  And here are a couple of very minor changes I made.

The default for the alarm sounded and flashed the display for the rear tire high PSI when the rear tire got to 46 psi. So I adjusted the high PSI alarm to 52 psi and all was fine.

The left handle bar, when riding straight, made it very difficult to view the TPMS monitor without a special effort. So I used a horn bracket to move the TPMS monitor up by the right corner of the left speaker, so I can now view it with no effort. I am using the same mounting screw to hold the horn bracket. The door will still open normally, even with everything left connected.

The alarm sound is very weak. Cannot be heard until stopped. But the flashing of the problem tire psi on the display makes it obvious, such as I got with my high PSI alarm today.

-Don-  Reno, NV
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:30:26 PM by DonTom »
Original owner of:
2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT/2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio/2017 Zero 6.5 DS/2017/Zero SR 13 w/Pwr Tank/2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU Road Glide Ultra

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »
Here is what the completed job looks like:

Bracket side view:

After parked for a couple of minutes:

After a light tap on TPMS monitor With handlebars for riding straight (as seen while riding):

-Don-  Reno, NV
Original owner of: