Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Any high mileage Trophys out there???  (Read 5843 times)

Offline jkriner

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1200LT
  • City / Town: Hope Mills
Any high mileage Trophys out there???
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »
I am very interested in a new Trophy. I currently ride a 2005 BMW K1200LT with 148,000 miles.
My bike has had only one major issue since new...failed clutch at 50,000 (possibly my fault as the LT is a dry clutch bike and I pull a trailer and sometimes slip the clutch a little too much.)

I would like some to chime in with current mileage and issues.

Could I expect the Trophy to go as many miles as my LT......148,000 miles and 35 states, and still going strong?

The new R1200RT is very interesting as well.

TYVM in advance.

Jesse Kriner
Hope Mills, NC, USA

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Any high mileage Trophys out there???
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »
I bought my Trophy in December, it is a year old with 20,000 miles and no issues. Had the ECM replaced under recall, but I wasn't having any issues before the recall. I had an 04 RT and had every intention of replacing it with a 2014 RT. I spent several hours at the dealer comparing bikes and rode away with the Trophy. Been very happy with my choice.

Offline jkriner

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »
The Trophy is a beautiful bike and I like the ergos, the bike fits me well. More like my LT, compared to the new RT.

I found a '14 RT "buyback" with all packages....comfort, dynamic, touring, luxury and navigation with only 1,100 miles.
The price is good, compared to "new", but I prefer the more conservative appearance of the Trophy.
The new RT facelift hasn't grown on me yet.

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:21:29 pm »
Hi Jesse and welcome to the forum.

I sold me Triumph Sprint GT with a view of buying the R1200RT.  I went on a road test wanting to like it as it was my intention to buy.  How disappointed I was.

Same afternoon I ended buying the Triumph after a much shorter road test, I knew it was the bike for me after several minutes and the quick comparison against the R1200RT.

The one thing I did like in the BMWs favour was the graphics, nice coloured and modern looking, but the ride & especially engine was the main difference for me.

Even my pillion (her with the finger on the money) said that the Trophy was far better.

best regards

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »
Only done 6.5k miles on mine. I think you would be better posting on the Tiger Explorer site as they have been out longer and the engine transmission are the same. my mate has done 75k miles on his apart from recalls the only problem he has has was a noisy alternator replaced under warranty.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 04:31:15 pm »
wait until our esteemed member Donmoe is back home for winter he's probably the one on this forum with the highest mileage. Until then you may want to peruse this thread:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,3166.0.html

BTW: welcome to this Group  :821: you might stop by the New Member section so that eveyone knows you have joined and get a proper Welcome!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:32:49 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline jkriner

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »
*Originally Posted by Verdun95 [+]
wait until our esteemed member Donmoe is back home for winter he's probably the one on this forum with the highest mileage. Until then you may want to peruse this thread:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,3166.0.html

BTW: welcome to this Group  :821: you might stop by the New Member section so that eveyone knows you have joined and get a proper Welcome!

Thanks, Verdun95......some good reading there!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 10:49:14 pm »
As Verdun says Donmoe is always the top mileage guy.  Last I heard he had something like 60,000+ miles.  Saaz is in at over 48000km
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST