Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Shad SH48 Top Case  (Read 5082 times)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Shad SH48 Top Case
« on: December 12, 2014, 02:46:46 am »
Well it was a valiant try.  I ordered and received the Shad TTSE adapter and installed it, so easy even a cave man could do it. Then waited for the case to arrive today from Twisted Throttle.  The case was delivered via FEDEX, and I became worried immediately.  It had more creases and dents than I thought you could put into a cardboard box, so I took pictures of the exterior and proceeded to remove and unwrap everything (it all appeared fine initially) and I had installed the mounting plate and put the case on to check how it looked (very good I might add) and then I notice the large crack running down the side of the case. :233:  So I call TT and let them know they say "well send it back and we will send another out to you today with a delivery next week." :157:  All well and fine but it just chaps me when these things happen.  Time is important when you start realizing there just isn't as much as there once was.  Once I get it back I will post some pics of everything, but I will say putting the Shad parts on was as easy as it can be made.  Every part fell into place and it did look very good with the bike.  Absolutely the cheapest and simplest path I have found to getting the backrest that looked like it was meant to be. 
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Shad SH48 Top Case
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:37:28 am »
Certainly understand your anger and frustration.  On the other hand pretty admirable of TT to send out a replacement before getting the original back.  Shame on FEDEX  :192: in any event.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 02:11:02 am »
Yeah it was pretty big of them sending me another case that I also paid for.  They are not that trusting apparently. They did send me a free shipping label to have it sent back to them and once they process it they will refund my CC.  Just no solving for the cost of money though.  The other one did arrive safely two days early, however the TT is in the shop having the "engine upgrade" completed.  Simply could not get past all that rattle and tapping.  So it will wait a couple more days until it is finished before I can complete the case install. 

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:43:22 am »
Wow, must have misunderstood your earlier post.   I thought you meant that TT send you a new case free of charge while they waited receipt of the damaged case.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:54:52 am »
I can only wish....   Apparently my world of influence only extends to my front door.  Well maybe that is a bit much according to my SO.

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:56:28 am »
w8d4it, you had the engine upgrade completed didn't you?  Any comments about changes?

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:33 am »
I had all the recall/upgrade work done at the same time.  I was out of town on business for 3 months so it made sense to just leave the bike for everything.  No doubt the bike is much quieter.  Has more snap too but then that is likely due to the ECU upgrade not the head work. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:36:09 am »
Thanks for the reply, for me it is about the noise.  Just got to be too much.  With the earplugs and music you don't notice, but once you are in the garage, sheesh....

tweedy-bunch