Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I have the Sena 20S, lots of issues compared to the SMH10 I replaced  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Djimmy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Missoula, Montana
Based on Sena's website, I bought the 20S and found it inferior in many ways:
1. It is suppose to offer higher volumes, I found the opposite to be true, I can hardly hear at highway speeds.
2. The SMH 10 paired nicely with my Trophy and worked with the intercom function. The 20S will only pair with the bike or with my buddies 20S, not both.
3. My buddies 20S has less volume than mine. We switched helmets and I was amazed at the volume difference, and I think mine is bad, his is almost unusable. He also owns a Trophy and he has the same bike/intercom pairing issues I do
4. Sena's manual regarding pairing is very confusing. I tried to pair my phone and GPS in addition to the bike, and that was a disaster.

I've done all the firmware updates. I just did the latest, 1.3 and haven't had an opportunity to try that, but must admit, I have my doubts. I am willing to start pairing all over, but not sure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And please, speak English, not computer jargon, techy talk. I am a reasonably intelligent guy but please come down to my level.

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
Re: I have the Sena 20S, lots of issues compared to the SMH10 I replac
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:18:46 am »
Have you tried the Sena support forum? They are pretty good at responding.
Serial BMW rider

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Nevers
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:22:47 am »
Hello  :016:

Unfortunately I have no answer to make, but the subject me interested strongly because I'm about to order an intercom SENA 20s to replace my scala rider G4 aging.

So far, I to had heard of good level of sound quality, ease of pairing bluetooth, autonomy, scope etc etc.. a small revolution...

I would not invest in this intercom, if not at the top

I am therefore topic  :002:

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »
I seen posts  re some other brands (but not on my Sena SMH10) to the effect of the AVC on the bike audio must be off, and then you can get audio volume control on the handlebar.  It has no effect on the SMH10 at all as far as volume goes, but it does on other brands and possibly the 20S.  Would be worth a try in the audio setup if you haven't already set it that way.  The only volume control I get on the SMH10S is with the jog dial, but I use earbuds with the adaptor mount and have plenty of volume on the open road.  Short trips around town I connect the Tork speakers to the earbud port and they're fine at lower speeds.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch