Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SE v Standard  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
SE v Standard
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
I enquired when ordering my Trophy the reason why the suspension adjustment was only available with the SE package i.e. and radio. (As I did not want a radio whatever it costed, I don't bother with the one in the car) The reply was that the radio was the minor part of the cost in the SE package.

With hindsight it did me a favour because I ordered the other worthy extras anyway and have an unlimited variations of adjustment with the easy to use manual suspension adjusters. (Not knuckle threatening either).

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: SE v Standard
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »
See you've nudged this thread over  :038:

When discussing ordering my bike the dealer told me that just about everything EXCEPT the audio system and electronic suspension could be fitted to the standard bike as an option.

The suspension was not much use to me as I almost always ride solo with light loads in the luggage. Once set up I would rarely adjust it.

The audio package is a different matter. Music is very important to me especially on long runs. I don't find it in the least bit distracting. Studies have shown that in times of stress (such as having to concentrate hard on riding) the first thing to be "load shed" by the brain is hearing. I have experienced this phenomenon many times while riding. After finishing a particularly testing section of road I have realised that the music is still on but that I haven't heard the last few songs.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:02 AM »
Interesting comment BP. I used the difference in price to order the top box, heated seats, sat nav holder and other items I felt were of more use to me. The radio wasn't an item I felt I would use (not have I) and the suspension is very easy to set up using the dial. 
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
Given that I usually listen to the radio through the earphones in my helmet, I couldn't see the point of paying for the radio on the Trophy which would have to compete with wind, traffic and earplugs if I was going to hear anything! I also remember the disdain with which locals looked at a gang of Gold Wing riders who all rode off with their radios seemingly at full volume!
I would have considered the electronic suspension if it had been available without the radio. However I'm rather gIad didn't choose the SE now, 'cos I've got a reasonably sized waterproof box under the saddle for storing sandwiches! On the SE, this box is full of radio and other electronics!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
A butty box. I had never thought of using mine for that.

What sort of butties? I prefer Marmite  :046:

George Harrison

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
CoJaW,

I, too ride with ear plugs and find the radio speakers a less than ideal option. However, my intercom unit has a bluetooth facility that emulates a headset. When I get the chance I am going to see if it pairs with the audio system as "headset 1". This would mean that the bike audio would be routed by bluetooth to my intercom unit and from there via a normal cable to the in-helmet speakers.

Unfortunately this is going to take some hacking about with the interrcom, which is still on my ST1300. Still, it will keep me out of mischief!

As the sun has just come out I am going to nip out and fit the hugger and Optimate lead.

Sun! Yaayyy!   :152:

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
Berber!
Marmite is good - but for quality nosh I'm partial to corned beef and mustard in brown bread! Add lashings of ginger beer and it's a meal in itself!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
Ooooh Corned beef! I haven't had any in ages!

George Harrison