Another Ride to the Ledges State Park by iowabikerider
[Today at 02:02:38 am]

Spinning the bobbins by Trophyed-Up
[Today at 12:41:36 am]

Another Forum Newbie by bobv07662
[Today at 12:27:40 am]

Another Newbee Question - Excessive Heat by Saddle Tramp
[Yesterday at 09:46:32 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Paint codes  (Read 7799 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Paint codes
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »
Anyone have the paint code for the blue TTSE. I need to spray my side pannier and fit a new triumph badge.

Or is it cheaper to buy the outer case?

GJ-Trophy  :161:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline GisWis

• Trophy Junior
  • Giswis
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 2013
  • City / Town: Mid West
Re: Paint codes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:07:49 pm »
I dropped my Trophy several months ago and bought an outside cover with logo it was only $75 US

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:00:41 am »
It's not a Spray Paint, but on E Bay right now is a
Triumph Pacific Blue touch up paint kit ( with the Clear Lacquer )
whiich quotes the colour as "JI Paciific Blue" so I would imagine "JI" is the code  :028:

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:48:23 am »
With all Triumph Paint it is as well to get your Triumph Dealer to do a VIN Enquiry - this will reveal the actual paint code applied to a specific bike..... as the eBay advert says

"If you are unsure at all about colour, call us with the last 6 digits of your VIN number and we will happily confirm the colour of your bike."
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 09:18:12 pm »
If the damage is significant enough  to warrant spray painting I think you will find the price of the cover low enough to justify buying especially when you consider value of your time.  And of course guaranteed quality paint job
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:31:23 am by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 12:13:45 am »
Don't know if you have ColorRite or something similar there or not, but here goes.  From my ColorRite sales receipt for a touch up kit, their ID for it is TU30090 Triumph Pacific Blue Metallic.  This was only a touch up kit, but they also have it available in aerosol, quarts, or gallons if I remember.  Look at their website: www.colorrite.com, and you may find out if there is service available to the UK or Europe.  From my past job history I can tell you they cannot ship any aerosol product by air without special documentation that can cost as much as $600 US for as little as 1 can or a case of 12 of an aerosol product.  We had a lot of customers overseas asking for a case of spray paint to touch-up and they were terribly dismayed to find out the shipping cost for a $150 of paint.  Best of luck.
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:50 am »
Found these guys in the UK, http://www.rsbikepaint.com.  They show the Trophy 1200, 2013 model Pacific Blue Pearl, in 400ml aerosol at 18 quid, and the clear coat in the same size at 11 quid.  They list the Trophy 1200 SE, but only show the Lunar Silver available for that model, so I'm not sure if the 2013 standard Trophy and the SE are the same color or not.  You can contact them to find out, and see what sizes and types of paint they sell.  Hope this helps.
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 07:01:04 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
Don't know if you have ColorRite or something similar there or not, but here goes.  From my ColorRite sales receipt for a touch up kit, their ID for it is TU30090 Triumph Pacific Blue Metallic.  This was only a touch up kit, but they also have it available in aerosol, quarts, or gallons if I remember.  Look at their website: www.colorrite.com, and you may find out if there is service available to the UK or Europe.  From my past job history I can tell you they cannot ship any aerosol product by air without special documentation that can cost as much as $600 US for as little as 1 can or a case of 12 of an aerosol product.  We had a lot of customers overseas asking for a case of spray paint to touch-up and they were terribly dismayed to find out the shipping cost for a $150 of paint.  Best of luck.
Glenn

I tried the $25 COLORITE Pacific Blue paint pens for a small scratched area on my right side fairing - made it look worse.  The pen's applicator tip was stiff as a board and would not apply the paint on smoothly, so it looked textured streaky like a Picasso. So, I'm taking it to a proper body shop to have them repaint the area.  just need the color code for the body shop - anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

tweedy-bunch