Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hi from Brabant  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Tropaion

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TSE "Golden Eye"
  • City / Town: Teteringen
Hi from Brabant
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
Hi All,

I want to introduce myself on this forum.

After a stop of a couple a years I decided to persue my passion again;  driving motorcycle   :046:
So in Aug last year I started driving a Suzuki burgman 650 motorscooter.   It was quite a different experience as I drove only BMW motorcycles (K1100LT,  R1100 RS,  R1100RT and as last the R1150RT) before.
In the beginning it was fun driving this motorscooter,  but more and more I started to miss the comfort of the big tourer.
I was thinking about a BMW boxer again,  but I was disappointed a bit when testdriving the R1200RT.  For me it was a step down compared to the R1150 RT. 

And then the new kid came along....   the Triumph Trophy..    WOW  what a beast !!!!  :020:
So after my internet homework and a test drive I was sold. And finally last week I bought one,  a blue SE   :062:

I have to wait a couple of weeks,  but soon I will be touring around anew  :-)

Let's hope spring will finally arrive by then, because now....   :190:

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
Re: Hi from Brabant
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Welcome Tropaion. I'm surprised that you found the R1200RT worse than the R1150RT. I had both and found my 1200 a lot better. I particularly hated the way I was always jiggled forward on the 1150 until the jewels were crushed against the tank. Mine was an '06 1200RT and I did find the later models were not as comfortable. Maybe that's what you drove. Having said all that you've made the right choice. The Trophy is WAY better than either. You're gonna have a ball!
Caoimhín

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Hi Tropaion.

Don't wait for the warmer weather. I commute every day and regardless of the cold, I find I am snug in a Furygan jacker, lined textile trousers and heated grips and seats. The Trophy protects me from the elements and as long as the roads are dry, the trip to work is very manageable.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
Hi Tropaion,

Welcome, I was looking for a bike that had a lower centre of gravity (especially fully loaded) over the Sprint ST's that I'd had previously as I do tours two up. My only concern was the 30+ kilos extra dead weight of the Trophy over the Sprint, so I tried the RT, what a nasty shock to the system. Was supposed to have it for half a day (last August), after the first hour my wife said she couldn't stand the vibration through the pegs and seat so we returned the bike. When the Trophy came out in November although heavier I thought I'd have to have a test ride..................and the rest is history :152:

You will love it :400:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tropaion [+]
Hi All,

I want to introduce myself on this forum.

After a stop of a couple a years I decided to persue my passion again;  driving motorcycle   :046:
So in Aug last year I started driving a Suzuki burgman 650 motorscooter.   It was quite a different experience as I drove only BMW motorcycles (K1100LT,  R1100 RS,  R1100RT and as last the R1150RT) before.
In the beginning it was fun driving this motorscooter,  but more and more I started to miss the comfort of the big tourer.
I was thinking about a BMW boxer again,  but I was disappointed a bit when testdriving the R1200RT.  For me it was a step down compared to the R1150 RT. 

And then the new kid came along....   the Triumph Trophy..    WOW  what a beast !!!!  :020:
So after my internet homework and a test drive I was sold. And finally last week I bought one,  a blue SE   :062:

I have to wait a couple of weeks,  but soon I will be touring around anew  :-)

Let's hope spring will finally arrive by then, because now....   :190:

Hi and  :401:

The new Trophy is a stunning piece of kit. I luv it more I ride it no matter what the weather. I too am ready for the weather to change  :020:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

tweedy-bunch