Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tuneecu  (Read 6370 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Warrington UK
Tuneecu
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:04:37 am »
Fellow Trophy owners

I can now confirm (after a certain amount of email chat with Alain Fontaine the developer of Tuneecu) that the program does work with the Trophy

Firstly only the bluetooth version works and secondly you have to be careful to get the right adapter ELM version. It only works with ELM327 V1.4 or 1.5. I bought an adapter that claimed to be 1.5 but turned out to be 2.1.

I hope I have managed to upload a pic of the adapter i bought which was £6.99 from fleabay.

You cannot upload maps but you can run diagnostics, read error codes and reset the service level indicator etc....
2014 Trophy Se
1971 Honda 500 Four K0

I'll just be 5 minutes !!!!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Tuneecu
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:54:44 am »
Hi paulbaker1954,

Could you post up a list of everything that TuneECU can do, and the cost,
so that it can be compared with the DataTool device that many owners have purchased ?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas !

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:51:54 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I now have 3 bluetooth adapters and will give it a go.  It did not work last time I tried but that was 6 months ago.  I am writing an app for Android to take in some of the data and log it?

Just for fun of course???

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »
I posted a few screenshots of TuneECU hooked up to my Trophy a while back.  Look under "TuneECU for Trophy?" subject.  I also tried a couple of adapters before I found one that works - BAFX OBD adapter.  Still looks like DealerTool has a few more options that TuneECU does not (including ABS modulator cycling & the ability to set the service interval to a distance instead of just resetting it so that the service icon does not appear in the gauges.  I'm sure TuneECU will do some more updates in the future to get more options. 

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Nevers
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »
Hello  :016:

I would like to know if with this software it is possible to know which setting mapping is installed on the machine?

Namely if it is set to FRANCE or world and the 3rd I do I remember? Clear to find out if the bike is restricted (france) or on the contrary in FULL?

Thanks in advance for your answers  :062:

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 07:48:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by FIFFY58 [+]
Hello  :016:

I would like to know if with this software it is possible to know which setting mapping is installed on the machine?

Namely if it is set to FRANCE or world and the 3rd I do I remember? Clear to find out if the bike is restricted (france) or on the contrary in FULL?

Thanks in advance for your answers  :062:
Tuneecu is able to show the map/tune details. But loading a different map is not possible with Trophy and  Explorer type ECU's .
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline FIFFY58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Nevers
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 06:27:55 am »
Good Morning  :002:

Thank you for the answer..In fact I would just like to read with certainty that engine mapping is installed on my trophy ..Whether it is in France or Full 134 hp to 106 hp so restrained
Is this software can he tell me without going through the dealer and the suitcase ?
I doubt that we can not change the mapping with already but if I could just figure out which one is set on my machine it would be a plus..By cons there are some longer I read that tune shield or its competitor could not connect to the trophy otherwise block the shield and the obligation trailer and passing by the dealer..is what you confirm that with these new updates it more nya no danger of crashing ?
If I want to invest in this system it is necessary that I bought exactly ?software bluetooth elm and what exactly ?

Thank you in advance for your answers
Good Sunday to all

Offline paulbaker1954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Warrington UK
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 06:57:58 am »
Tune ecu android version will allow you to view the map but does not allow you to change it

It also does not give you any power readings for this the only way is a rolling road

i have never heard of a Country specific map or a reduced power map on a Trophy

I would be 99.9 % certain you will have 134 hp why would you think you have not?
2014 Trophy Se
1971 Honda 500 Four K0

I'll just be 5 minutes !!!!

tweedy-bunch