Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: zumo 340  (Read 4381 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Warrington UK
zumo 340
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:32:10 am »
Does anyone know anything about the zumo 3xx series and audio output possibilities with the Trophy

I see from the spec that these seem to only offer bluetooth audio output but it seems that the triumph Nav option only supports 660 audio via the output jack in the 660 harness. Does anyone know if the 3xx series harness offers a similar output jack that can be used with the Trophy Nav option in audio

I have a Midland  BTX1 headset that is paired to Headset 1 for audio output but i guess you cant pair it also to a Zumo 3xx or can you???

In simple terms my question is has anyone used an audio paired headest with a Zumo 3xx and still managed to pair audio to Headset 1as well?
2014 Trophy Se
1971 Honda 500 Four K0

I'll just be 5 minutes !!!!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: zumo 340
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 07:11:03 am »
Hi paulbaker1954,

I don't "know" either of those products, but an option for you might be to try this :

1.  Pair the BTX1 to the Trophy as HEADSET 1 ( You've already done this )
2.  Pair the Gamin to the Trophy as DEVICE 1 ( i.e. not to your BTX1 which is what I think you were considering ).

You should then be able to listen the Radio /iPod etc wih your BTX1 Bluetooth connection,
and then when the Garmin sends a Bluetooth audio signal to the Trophy,
the Radio / iPod audio should be muted and the Garmin audio sent to your BTX1.

After the Garmin audio has ended, playback of the radio / iPod etc should resume.

This MAY NOT WORK though - having just read the Specs for the Garmin 340 it states that the Bluetooth connection is for "Headsets" Only, so it may not connect to the Trophy as DEVICE 1,
but if you already have it, it is worth a try !

If it does work, then you will not be able to connect a Mobile Phone by Bluetooth,
( like you can with the Zumo 660 ), as both Bluetooth channels on the Trophy
will have been used up, and the Garmin 340 does not support Mobile Phone connection.

Merry Christmas !

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:30:04 am by Coconut »

Offline Nodrogmac

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kings Lynn
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:03:59 am »
Might be a bit late but I've just fitted a Garmin Zumo 390LM. I've used the audio lead for the bike into the satnav and it works very well. Squelching music from radio or iPod as the spoken instructions are said. Very pleased.

Offline TriumphTrophySeRider

• Trophy Member
  • 2013 TTSE Silver
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kortenberg
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 12:58:57 am »
Hi Nodrogmac,

Can you advise me on how to get the NAV sound, when listening to the TTSE radio, to work? I can't get the NAV to be heard in my headset Schuberth C3 helmet with the SRC .

I pair the Headset1 to the SRC and the device 2 to the Zumo 390 but still get no sound from it :151: I wired the audio cable to the bike but still no sound!!! :233:

Help would be appreciated  :038:

Bill

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:36 am »
Have you checked the audio setup on your bike? You have to configure the NAV audio to "on" in the audio setup menu of the Trophy.
Serial BMW rider

Offline TriumphTrophySeRider

• Trophy Member
  • 2013 TTSE Silver
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kortenberg
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 09:27:57 am »
Hi azgman,

Yes, NAV audio is on and BT audio is on. The only way to hear the NAV thru the headset is when I set the bike to BT audio and in that case no radio, only NAV. I can make phone calls thru teh NAV.

I unpaired/paired several times without any change. Zumo volume all up but no sound :157

Any suggestions?

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »
Ah, I got confused as to who posted what. I thought your GPS was hardwired. Only thing I can think of is your 340 is transmitting something (like mp3 music) and it is invoking priority over the radio. The phone is the priority channel on the GPS, so it would work in this scenario.
Serial BMW rider

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »
TriumphTophySeRider,

If I have understood your posts correctly you have :

Garmin 390
Schubert Sc

You have Paired the Schubert to the Trophy as HEADSET 1 - which is corrrect.

You say you have Paired the Zumo 390 to the Trophy as DEVICE 2
and have ALSO connnected the Audio cable - that would be incorrect.

Once you have paired the SRC to the Trophy as HEADSET 1,
all Bluetooth Output from the Trophy should be delivered to your SRC.

The Audio connector found behind and below the left hand mirror pod is the NAV Audio input connection.

When an Audio signal is received on that NAV Input connection,
any radio station or iPod music playing will be interrupted,
and the NAV audio will be broadcast over the existing Bluetooth connection to your SRC.

Try deleting the Bluetooth connection from the Zumo 390 to DEVICE 2 of the Trophy,
as this is not needed when there is a physical connection to the dedicated Trophy Audio plug,
and is probably why the NAV audio is not being heard.

( This will also free up the Trophy "DEVICE 2" channel for a second headset, e.g, Pillion )

Let us know how you get on  :028:

tweedy-bunch