Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What a fantastic motorcycle  (Read 2389 times)

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
What a fantastic motorcycle
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
Well i have had my Trophy SE for 3 weeks now and have just passed 1150 miles. I think this bike is great in fact it is the best one I have ever ridden. The flexibility of the engine is superb. I have just been out and although there were not many bikes out I wasted two Bob Marleys and had a little race with a couple of Suzukis, I left them standing.(or did they let me win?)

If there has to be any criticisms the only thing I can think of is the amount of crap thrown up by the back wheel and the thought of dropping the thing. I am only 5'8" I have to low seat fitted but am still very careful about where I stop to park and worry about adverse camber and gravel.

Having said that the dirt washes off and I haven't dropped it so minor really. Has anyone had any success with these huggers or mudguard extensions? I see a lot of chat about them but not much about their effectiveness.

Anyway we are off to the Netherlands next weekend so we should come back with 2500 on it. This will be the first time I have ridden two up on it so wish me luck  :183:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: What a fantastic motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
Good luck with the ride Dave.

Have a look at a shocker sock? Far cheaper and this will do just as good a job. This is the way that I'll be going if at all.
I agree that a rear mud guard extension is defiantly needed.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Ndo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
Good luck with the ride Dave.

Have a look at a shocker sock? Far cheaper and this will do just as good a job. This is the way that I'll be going if at all.
I agree that a rear mud guard extension is defiantly needed.

Chaos

Chaos,
Where do you get these shocker socks? Have you installed one? got pics?

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
A shocker sock will void your warranty on the shock. There to be a problem heat build up on the shock with sock installed. Some have tried them on there Explorers and have been told to take them off when the bike was brought in to the dealers.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:27 PM »
Interesting indeed !
Me stick with the hunger ... :017:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »
Does this mean we all gonna have to go shock naked?

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
Just got back from the trip without incident. The only thing I noticed other than loads of crap up the back of the bike and it never rained once, was on starting up in the morning the error message showed low voltage, the bike still started though. I usually have my optimate connected when at home so that is probably why I have never seen this message before.

I did notice that the economy drops quite substantially at speeds over 85 mph, we were two up with luggage though. My wife loved the seat comfort and never complained once. I did have some discomfort but I have a boney arse and have never had a motorcycle that was comfortable for long distances, maybe I need to eat more pies. Also a bit of neck/shoulder ache but I have some spine damage in my neck so I suspect that is the culprit.

The bike has done 2300 miles now since I collected it on March 6th which is a decent number considering the shocking weather we have had recently. Looking forward to slightly warmer weather, but not too warm. :002:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »
David

I have the same issue re back and neck. It varies from hardly noticeable to ouch! I think it is posture but it could be just the different use of muscle groups.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison