Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Stebel Nautilus air horn mounting  (Read 3155 times)

Offline jim515

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Thornton, CO
Stebel Nautilus air horn mounting
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
I got a Stebel Nautilus 139 dB air horn for Christmas.  I am looking for any experience or advice about where to mount this.  Anyone do this on a Trophy 1200 yet?  I am planning on taking pictures and posting them after I do this to share.  Also I find that by taking pictures during the work helps me get stuff back together easier as I no longer guess where stuff goes.

-Jim K
DoD #3.2616
'13 Triumph Trophy
When in doubt gas it, at least it ends the suspense.
“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Offline Nudger

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 2013
  • City / Town: Dartford. Kent
Re: Stebel Nautilus air horn mounting
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:06:23 AM »
Jim,

I fitted one of these on my previous bike, an ST 1300 and was very pleased with it. It certainly made others aware of your presence when necessary.  It's quite a big unit and was tricky to fit on the Pan due to space restrictions, but it was well worth the effort.

I'd love to fit one on the Trophy, but I'm concerned there isn't the space. I've read a number of posts from other members who have fitted uprated horns (I haven't seen a post regarding fitting the Nautilus) and there seems to be an issue with limited space availability for a unit like this.  I would be very interested to hear how you get on with fitting it, if you could post some photos and commentary that would be great.

Good luck with it.   :152:
Brian

Offline jim515

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Thornton, CO
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »
Hey Brian,

I am planning on posting photos.  One post from triumphrat said to mount it by the forks.  I'll let you know.
DoD #3.2616
'13 Triumph Trophy
When in doubt gas it, at least it ends the suspense.
“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
Good luck Jim.

Would love to profit from those photos myself.

regards

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »
I fitted mine on the right side, inside the side panels, on the spreader bar for the upper R&G Adventure Bars mounting points.  I cut a short pieces of aluminum angle and used a couple of tubing clamps around the spreader bar.  It was tight, and a pita to tighten the clamps.  In hindsight it would have been easier to remove the spreader bar, clamp the horn, and reinstall the spreader bar.

Sorry no photos and no chance of any before the bike comes out of winter storage.

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
The only remaining place for a chunky Steb would be between the radiator and engine - but that would be a long winded and awkward job I'm sure...!
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Another possibility if you wanted to go to the trouble...the compressor can be removed for the horn head, and the two pieces reconnected with flexible tubing.  You may find more mounting options with two smaller parts.

Offline Bilmuh

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1215 SE-2016
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 01:20:34 PM »
Hello,

I added Stebel Nautilus air horn as a secondary one. Due to willing to use both ones one at a time, I put a On-Off-On button  I connected all cables according to the attached connection schema.

I can use standard horn by pressing Number 1 ON button. But when I select the air horn button(#2), I hear the click sound from relay, but the air horn is not working.

I checked all cable connection, changed relay, and controled air horn. But could not make it work. I am requesting your comments, please. Is there any connection mistake I made?

tweedy-bunch