Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 1st ttse on the road  (Read 6585 times)

Offline undecided

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Eastvale, CA
1st ttse on the road
« on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:57 am »
Just saw my first ttse on the road. I almost wrecked straining to get a better look. The more I read up on all the bikes I am considering I keep coming back to the Trophy. Value and the way Triumph has managed the tour and sport aspect of the bike is what has confirmed this is the bike for me. I am renting a ttse in Las Vegas and taking a good ride. WE'LL SEE!!!

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
Re: 1st ttse on the road
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 02:27:53 am »
Great bike. I bought one last April and then crashed it in June. Now that I am through physio, etc., I will be buying another 2015 in January. Some quibbles, but WHAT a bike !!
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 04:29:35 am »
I wouldn't have thought the Trophy to be uncommon inCalifornia what with the prime riding weather and beautiful scenery
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 01:29:12 pm »
The member map indicates there are quite a few in southern California but there are also a lot of people there, and a lot of bikes. One of my good friends also rides a Trophy so I often see another one, but I guess that's cheating.

The test ride "got" most of us. I'll be excited to hear what you think after riding one for a bit.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 02:57:43 pm »
The test ride "got" most of us. I'll be excited to hear what you think after riding one for a bit.
That's what got me but I test rode the Trophy 2 more times just to be sure. I'm selling my 2012 Wing and 2013 BMW K 1600 and picking up a new Trophy in March. Barry

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 04:37:41 pm »
I saw another one at the intersection of the BRP and Rt.19 near Maggie Valley back in June. In 20,000 miles of riding this year that is the only other TT I have seen on the road.

Offline undecided

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Eastvale, CA
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 01:07:05 am »
Went to Berts Mega Mall in West Covina  California and sat on the Trophy se. At is lowest seat position I was able to flat foot the bike. Bars come back perfectly and I felt good sitting on it. Its a shame that I was there for 12 minutes a even though there were more sales people to customers no one helped me. I live in Riverside CA and I would like to get any comments on dealers in this area. I don't mind traveling a while to get a good dealer. Any information will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Offline rwright13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Oklahoma
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 03:39:58 am »
*Originally Posted by traveler46 [+]
That's what got me but I test rode the Trophy 2 more times just to be sure. I'm selling my 2012 Wing and 2013 BMW K 1600 and picking up a new Trophy in March. Barry

1st test ride got me too.  Traded in my 2006 Wing.

Barry - What did you like about the Trophy that you're willing to trade in the K1600?  Just curious.